Master Contributor

Re: FS: 1976 Brass Rail & 1978 Bluesbender

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:09 pm

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:25 pm

1978 Bluesbender
For Forum Members Only: $1399 USD (plus shipping/PayPal if applicable)

This one has a story. Semie Moseley began this guitar in 1978 and it is obvious that it was destined to be something special, but when Semie shut his doors later that year, Eddie Elliott purchased a cache of parts and instruments in various stages of assembly, including this one. The neck and the body had already been mated and the back pad affixed, and Eddie completed it in Winter 1978. Call it a Parts-rite if you will, but this instrument is significant in that it marks the end of the New Mosrite of California era, and the last time Mosrites were made in Bakersfield. The neck is a one-off featuring a laminated rosewood / maple / walnut fretboard, fully bound neck (including headstock), and a Sooner style headstock. It also has rare and unique to 1978 poured side dots. The body is a natural finished Brassrail Deluxe body with the most beautiful alligator skin checking I have ever seen. Celluloid tortoise guard, jack and neck plates, two volumes, two tones, phase switch, two AMAZING sounding humbuckers, and a one-of-a-kind stitched M back pad. It also has the Brassrail / Sooner aluminum stoptail which is far superior to the standard Bluesbender stoptail for sustain and break angle. Changed tuners and strap buttons. Signed and dated in the neck pickup cavity. Gigbag included (amplifier not).

Neither this guitar nor the Brassrail will disappoint, I gar-own-tee!

handbrake
Top Producer

Postby handbrake » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Wow. Cool stuff. Looks like the BB has a neck humbucker with pole pieces drilled for angled mounting?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:48 pm

handbrake wrote:Wow. Cool stuff. Looks like the BB has a neck humbucker with pole pieces drilled for angled mounting?

The original pickups had partial shorts so I swapped them out for this pair (originally out of a V-II/350) that I had been saving for something special for years. And this sure is something special. To be honest, I'm gonna be sad to see these pickups go - they ROCK!

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks for telling me what the button is for on the Brass Rail model. Now...

That Bluesbender.............

:o ...............................

:)

:D

It looks fantastic! If only I could buy it... Ah well. I hope it goes to a good home. A guitar like this... Amazing... That stitched M in the cover on the back is surely the sign of fine guitars.

Edit: Just for future readers, What are the serial numbers on these fine guitars?
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 pm

101Volts wrote:Edit: Just for future readers, What are the serial numbers on these fine guitars?

The root of the word "readers" is read.

handbrake
Top Producer

Postby handbrake » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:
101Volts wrote:Edit: Just for future readers, What are the serial numbers on these fine guitars?
Most of us readers are held hostage by the power of photographs to diminish the presence written words. As in this case with these two guitars, it's pretty easy to gloss over the text and admire the images at the expense of anything valuable (or otherwise) that might be said about them.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:15 pm

handbrake wrote:
dorkrockrecords wrote:
Most of us readers are held hostage by the power of photographs to diminish the presence written words. As in this case with these two guitars, it's pretty easy to gloss over the text and admire the images at the expense of anything valuable (or otherwise) that might be said about them.

Well said, handbrake. I guess I'm the only one here who buys his nudie mags for the articles... :oops:

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:14 pm

handbrake wrote:
dorkrockrecords wrote:
dorkrockrecords wrote:Well said, handbrake. I guess I'm the only one here who buys his nudie mags for the articles... :oops:
Wow, the English language can be a powerful expressing tool :shock: . I guess if Semie had had the chance to produce a whole series of these guitars, they would’ve been ‘counted’ ;)

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:

Big facepalm moment on my part. :(
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “For Sale”