FS: 1966 Mosrite Ventures bass

mccolalx

FS: 1966 Mosrite Ventures bass

Postby mccolalx » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:44 am

1966 transitional Mosrite "The Ventures" Bass.

Late 1965 body date, early 1966 neck date...last of the single pickup Ventures basses. I've seen 2 others from the same time period with the exact same pickguard characteristics (cutout where the bridge cover is and vacant screw hole below the pickup).
Refinished in beautiful Ice Blue Metallic.

All original except for:
2 tuning machine screws
1 strap button screw
Bridge cover screws
1 saddle (I had it machined from an original)
2 neck screws (see below)
Neck and body finish
Headstock decal

The pickup was checked out and refoamed by Bob Shade at Hallmark Guitars.

When it was being restored, the bottom 2 neck screwholes were professionally dowelled and threaded T-nuts were installed. If you're familiar with these neck joints, you'll know that the bottom lip of the neck is really thin and sits under the pickup. This is a common weak point in these instruments. The T-nuts and machine screws anchor the neck perfectly, so it's super stable. The T-nuts themselves provide extra stability to the weakest part of the neck. The neck was also professionally shimmed for a slightly better neck angle. These are the only real modifications to the bass.

It is currently strung with special order LaBella medium scale low tension flats. It sounds amazing and plays like a dream.

Asking $1450 plus shipping, but I'm open to reasonable offers.

I'm not savvy enough to to post photos, but here's a link to my Dropbox folder with them:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0cvv162mxqyv ... tMCZa?dl=0

Return to “For Sale”