1967 Mosrite Ventures MkV Project FS

sumlin

1967 Mosrite Ventures MkV Project FS

Postby sumlin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi all

I can't embed images but I have taken a whole pile of pictures and written detailed descriptions here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskDZ9AKo

I'm selling this 1967 Ventures MkV project guitar.

You get:

Body - refinished in a very nice medium blue sparkle. I'd almost think this was a stock finish as there are no traces of other colour anywhere but I don't believe Mosrite offered this particular shade. It's a little darker than the Ricky Wilson B52s blue. It's in great shape, very few dings and marks and it's aged well.
Holding it to the light shows it may have had another bridge and/or trem unit in place at some point as there are holes that have since been very neatly filled in. They could be indentations from something too. The previous owner has also widened the neck pickup route to be able to slant the neck pickup like a normal Ventures. The work is good, I have no idea why they bothered to do it but they did. There's more detail in the photo comments.

Neck - feels great, I suspect it's been refretted some time ago as the fret wire feels chunkier than I'd expect. Neck appears straight and true, very fast feeling, really love the feel of it. Comes with (presumed original) tuners, unmolested decal, truss rod cover and nut. The refret has shaved the serial number down so it's illegible (though you can see where it was). Previous owner has trimmed the heel of the neck so it's diagonal to match the slanted neck pickup routing. It took me a while to notice it to be honest and it's a good job. Again, I have no idea why! You could leave it as it is or reverse it and cover the gap with a new pickguard or a 'plug' of wood stuck to the neck end.

Trem - Japanese 'Fillmore' version of the Moseley trem in the dulled, darker 'gun metal' finish. All present and correct except the corner of the fulcrum (I believe that's the right word) has snapped away. Bob at Hallmark and the guys at Front Porch can hook you up with a NOS replacement.

Pickguard - reproduction made to accomodate the slanted neck pickup and very well done.

Please note the pickups in the photos are not included.

I wanted to make my dream Mosrite 'player' out of this - I love the neck and the feel of the frets and I intended to add lower output pickups to get the sound I like. But I just have too many projects on the go and I own a few Mosrites already so it makes me feel bad to not finish this one.

I'm after what I have in this which is £450 and with our current political lunacy in the UK leading to the devaluing of the £££ that could be a very cheap deal for anyone overseas.

Shoot me a PM - Chris.
Brass Rail #43
Acoustic Black Widow #BC1092
MkV #B735
Univox Hi Fliers, Tele Deluxes, Harmony Bobkats

Scoot

Re: 1967 Mosrite Ventures MkV Project FS

Postby Scoot » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi did this sell ?
If not would u sell the Trem on its own

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 am

Someone really messed me around with this and backed out of the sale so it's available again. I don't want to split things (mainly as it's all boxed up and ready to go) - £450 plus shipping gets everything. Take advantage of the plummeting £££ and pick up a bargain!
If you're interested I can send shipping dimensions and weight and get a quote for you.
Brass Rail #43
MkV #B735

indianmike

Postby indianmike » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:26 am

hi is it a real genuine mosrite body? does it come with the roller bridge/could u send close up of serial number what ever condtion it is. thanks mike

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Mike - all the details are in the photo link: www.flickr.com/photos/sumlin

Genuine Mosrite body - may have had another tailpiece at some time but hard to say (see photos). Serial number is too faint to read so I'm fairly sure neck has been refretted (well, I might add). No bridge.
Brass Rail #43
MkV #B735

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Brass Rail #43
MkV #B735

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:03 am

On Reverb now too - shoot me an offer and say you're from the forum and you never know:

https://reverb.com/item/4700583-mosrite ... -1967-blue
Brass Rail #43
MkV #B735

Return to “For Sale”