Chicago Music Exchange

zarfnober
Top Producer

Re: Chicago Music Exchange

Postby zarfnober » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 pm

The old owner of CME was a little on the "eccentric" side, which is a kind way of saying he could be very difficult at times. I too had heard a few stories about him, not good ones, but never bought anything from him other than a couple books. He did have a stunning collection of guitars and amps though, and commanded a price for them too. Nothing wring with that. But if you present something one way, it better be that way! Otherwise give the guy his money back.

Met the new owner last fall and can say from my experience that he is a 180 degree turn from the previous owner. Very nice, intelligent and successful guy. A freind that builds boutique amps was invited back by the new owner after a problem with p/o. He had nothing but good things to say about the new owner. I wish him all the success, it's an amazing store. Visit there if you're in the Chicago area.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Re: Chicago Music Exchange

Postby MarkyKobane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I sold them my firstman for $1,600. Fun store to look in but nothing affordable. 4 G's will get you the most beat up guitar you can play.

Return to “Links of Interest”