Straighten a neck

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Re: Straighten a neck

Postby Mr. Bill » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 am

Sorry, I wasn't being critical and didn't mean to offend you. I will not post any other comments.

panther
Top Producer

Re: Straighten a neck

Postby panther » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 am

Bill;
I apologize, I just hated seeing the thread sidetracked, because of my ignorance, of terminology, If maybe you would have pointed out my error rather then say; "ypou are confused", You weren't confused, you just wanted to point out my error, and I reacted wrongly to your attempt. Maybe if you had said; " I understand what you mean, but the high end frets, are really considered the last frets, rather then the first frets.
I didn't mean to offend you, or to suggest that posts with any correction you deem necessary, are not welcome, maybe understand where I come from. I'm not an expert just enjoy what I'm do and trying to learn more.
I relatively new to guitar construction, and repair. About 2-1/2 years. I have an extensive background in mechanics, and engineering, which everyone knows, a lever is a lever no matter where it's applied. I'm only offering my suggestions as I find them, I like to look at a problem, and figure out how I would fix it. I get great pleasure when I find out, what I've gleaned from my experience, is like you said.; "The traditional way it's done". I really didn't know that, I just applied my experience, from my work history to solve a problem, and I was very pleased to see, my deductions were mainstream.
I just felt like what you were saying wads; " What you discovered has been common knowledge for years, and not only that, you said it wrong".
So please accept my apologies, and continue to set my record straight ;) .
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”