Preamp pedal for Mosrite?

Greg_L
Top Producer

Re: Preamp pedal for Mosrite?

Postby Greg_L » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:33 am

jaguarecho wrote:
Greg_L wrote:What do you actually mean by "preamp pedal"? Are you talking about a simple clean boost? :?:

mmmmmm...
I think that a boost has only one pot and a preamp pedal has two or three pots and preamp pedal has an equalization you don't find in a boost

????

Have you tried just basic EQ pedal? I have an MXR 10 band on my board. It's got about 24 db clean boost if you want it and 10 EQ sliders to further shape your sound.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 pm

jaguarecho wrote:
ElTwang wrote:Thanks Jaguarecho! So did you make up your mind on anything?

Well I think that Ed Elliot or M3 or Hallmark pickups are real good for that Ventures sound

.….......….......

I've spoken also with other two guitar tech, I've readt about M3 dual tone and my conclusion is that I need a sort of 7-8 kohm for each pickup

Are you familiar with this video? Done by the man himself (Mel W, admin).
[youtube]http://youtu.be/LPmczsP4zuQ[/youtube]

jaguarecho

Postby jaguarecho » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:40 am

Greg_L wrote:Have you tried just basic EQ pedal? I have an MXR 10 band on my board. It's got about 24 db clean boost if you want it and 10 EQ sliders to further shape your sound.

oh yes, I have a Boss GE-7, but I don't use it very often

jaguarecho

Postby jaguarecho » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:47 am

ElTwang wrote:Are you familiar with this video? Done by the man himself (Mel W, admin).
[youtube]http://youtu.be/LPmczsP4zuQ[/youtube]

Honesty I have seen that video a long time ago, in these days I've seen the other video made by Mel
The M3 dual tone maybe a good choice for me

But please, with this thread I don't want make confusion... All those pickups such as M3, Hallmark, Ed Elliot, Curtis Novak are very very good

Cheers

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:49 pm

I've got a Nocturne Atomic Brain that I use with my Mosrites and brown Showman Amp. It's an essential on my pedal board. I like the Atomic Brain more than the standard Dyno Brain as it's got an additional boost switch to boost the boost. No wonder Tavo labels the channels "Abby" and "Normal"!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

jaguarecho

Postby jaguarecho » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:57 am

MWaldorf wrote:I've got a Nocturne Atomic Brain that I use with my Mosrites and brown Showman Amp. It's an essential on my pedal board. I like the Atomic Brain more than the standard Dyno Brain as it's got an additional boost switch to boost the boost. No wonder Tavo labels the channels "Abby" and "Normal"!

Really interesting... thanks!

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:59 am

Here's a simple boost for pretty much any amp with hi/lo inputs: plug your guitar cable into the lo input( keep in mind, I might have this part backwards) and a footswitch into the hi input. Use the footswitch to go between hi and lo, works great and odds are you already have the footswitch. If not, a footswitch is pretty cheap. And remember, you have to have shorting input jacks for this to work, most amps have them, but not all.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

jaguarecho

Postby jaguarecho » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 am

zarfnober wrote:Here's a simple boost for pretty much any amp with hi/lo inputs: plug your guitar cable into the lo input( keep in mind, I might have this part backwards) and a footswitch into the hi input. Use the footswitch to go between hi and lo, works great and odds are you already have the footswitch. If not, a footswitch is pretty cheap. And remember, you have to have shorting input jacks for this to work, most amps have them, but not all.

Rocco

Thanks, I will try it!

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”