C.J. Ramone's Mosrite Bass Styled Like The Ventures II Guitar

SouthernVersion

C.J. Ramone's Mosrite Bass Styled Like The Ventures II Guitar

Postby SouthernVersion » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Does anyone know anything about C.J. Ramone's Ventures II style bass? Was it made by Semie? Or was it someone else? Is it a real Mosrite? Thanks!

-Matt
1966 Mosrite The Ventures Mark V (B1027)
1966 Inter-mark Cipher Ranger
1970's Encore Short Scale Bass
1970's Hondo II (Les Paul Copy)
2016 Eastwood Mach II (JR. Elite) w/ Hallmark Pickups
2019 Dana Moseley Wound Ventures I Pickup in a Strat

Greg_L
Top Producer

Re: C.J. Ramone's Mosrite Bass Styled Like The Ventures II Guitar

Postby Greg_L » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:16 pm

SouthernVersion wrote:Does anyone know anything about C.J. Ramone's Ventures II style bass? Was it made by Semie? Or was it someone else? Is it a real Mosrite? Thanks!

-Matt

It was a modern Mosrite Ventures II style bass with P-Bass pickups. I think they were made through Dana Moseley. And I think they were made just for him but he was selling them from his personal collection. I don't know if there are any left. A friend of mine talked to him about them several years ago and he was asking about $2000 for them if I recall correctly.

SouthernVersion

Postby SouthernVersion » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Greg_L wrote:
SouthernVersion wrote:Does anyone know anything about C.J. Ramone's Ventures II style bass? Was it made by Semie? Or was it someone else? Is it a real Mosrite? Thanks!

-Matt

It was a modern Mosrite Ventures II style bass with P-Bass pickups. I think they were made through Dana Moseley. And I think they were made just for him but he was selling them from his personal collection. I don't know if there are any left. A friend of mine talked to him about them several years ago and he was asking about $2000 for them if I recall correctly.

Interesting, do you know any specs about them? Are they built similarly to a Mosrite Ventures II guitar?

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:12 pm

SouthernVersion wrote:
Greg_L wrote:
SouthernVersion wrote:Does anyone know anything about C.J. Ramone's Ventures II style bass? Was it

Interesting, do you know any specs about them? Are they built similarly to a Mosrite Ventures II guitar?

Only as far as the shape goes. I think they're full Fender scale. CJ is a P-Bass guy. I've seen him live a bunch of times and I've only seen him play that Mosrite bass once. Lately he's been playing the Dee Dee signature bass. And now he's retired. Find him on facebook or instagram and ask him about the basses. He's usually good about responding to people.

SouthernVersion

Postby SouthernVersion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Greg_L wrote:
SouthernVersion wrote:
Greg_L wrote:

Only as far as the shape goes. I think they're full Fender scale. CJ is a P-Bass guy. I've seen him live a bunch of times and I've only seen him play that Mosrite bass once. Lately he's been playing the Dee Dee signature bass. And now he's retired. Find him on facebook or instagram and ask him about the basses. He's usually good about responding to people.

Will do, thanks a lot!

Return to “Music Related”