Ventures Book

duojet55

Ventures Book

Postby duojet55 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Last year I got a copy of "Walk-Don't Run - The Story Of The Ventures". I've been a huge Ventures fan and was especially hoping there was info on their association with Semie Moseley. Turns out a good friend of ours was mentioned in the book. I corresponded with Semie years ago when he was planning on restarting Mosrite of California (in Arkansas!) as my brother and I were starting a guitar shop. I got to talk to him over the phone about his new guitars, but they were a little too expensive for the clientele we were dealing with at the time. Later, our friend Tommy Watts who'd managed a music store across the bridge in Ft. Smith started his own place. Semie put quite a few new Mosrites in his store on consignment and they became friends. Tom also knew Nokie Edwards (Tom's ex-wife obnoxiously referred to him as "That Nokie guy") and had jammed with him. Unfortunately, shortly after, Semie passed away. It turns out that Semie and Nokie were planning a band and Tom was going to play bass with them. My wife Rachel and I gave Tom a copy of the Ventures book for Christmas and he was delighted to see himself mentioned as well as the Landola acoustic Nokie bought from him.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Re: Ventures Book

Postby ElTwang » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Great story! What kind of music where they going to play in that band?

duojet55

Postby duojet55 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Not sure, but probably surf rock, Nokie-style country, etc. I know Semie did a lot of gospel.

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:43 am

Semie's premature death, has left a huge, "WHAT IF", in the music world.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Return to “Music Related”