Hankeroo at it again...

mosriteguitars

Hankeroo at it again...

Postby mosriteguitars » Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 pm

I have not been on here in awhile. I do watch most of the Ebay and Reverb Mosrite auctions. I bought my first Ventures II in 1982 for a whopping 150.00! Serial B267 ( I wish I could find it-sold so stupidly in my youth). Currently have a slab bodied Ventures II, 1965 Vibramute and a 1990/91 Ramones model.

As a sports car enthusiast I would find it unethical/in poor taste as well as destroying history by taking apart a vintage all original classic car-that is also in great shape-and parting it out-I have too much respect for the hobby. Same with vintage guitars-I hate to see history/originality destroyed by this guy and he seems to now be targeting Mosrite Ventures models-even those that are not in bad shape. Used to be he parted out mostly Celebrity's and that was bad enough. I am not a big dealer but do some online sales and go to some shows and know that making money is good-but respecting the history of the hobby is better.

It is sad to have this guy loitering around at shows-waiting to spring a "Hankeroo" on the next unassuming victim and see another one bite the dust on Ebay. And sadly there seem to be others following his lead.

Rant over...thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

panther
Top Producer

Re: Hankeroo at it again...

Postby panther » Sat May 28, 2016 9:46 am

mosriteguitars wrote:I have not been on here in awhile. I do watch most of the Ebay and Reverb Mosrite auctions. I bought my first Ventures II in 1982 for a whopping 150.00! Serial B267 ( I wish I could find it-sold so stupidly in my youth). Currently have a slab bodied Ventures II, 1965 Vibramute and a 1990/91 Ramones model.

As a sports car enthusiast I would find it unethical/in poor taste as well as destroying history by taking apart a vintage all original classic car-that is also in great shape-and parting it out-I have too much respect for the hobby. Same with vintage guitars-I hate to see history/originality destroyed by this guy and he seems to now be targeting Mosrite Ventures models-even those that are not in bad shape. Used to be he parted out mostly Celebrity's and that was bad enough. I am not a big dealer but do some online sales and go to some shows and know that making money is good-but respecting the history of the hobby is better.

It is sad to have this guy loitering around at shows-waiting to spring a "Hankeroo" on the next unassuming victim and see another one bite the dust on Ebay. And sadly there seem to be others following his lead.

Rant over...thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

Do you have a link of examples ?
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Absolutely disgusting! :evil:
Danny Ellison

mosriteguitars

Postby mosriteguitars » Sat May 28, 2016 11:20 pm

one way to beat these guys at their own game is for none of the forum members do any bidding-maybe they will start losing money but I highly doubt it! Thanks for listening! Dennis

mosriteguitars

Postby mosriteguitars » Sat May 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Not sure who Gibson Dependable is but he is also bastardizing pieces of music history! Another Hankeroo-maybe worse!

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Sun May 29, 2016 8:17 am

I have purchased items from him in the past, but did not know he was parting out good guitars for his auctions. I poersonally will email him and tell him this is not right and I will not buy from him again.

Dan

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun May 29, 2016 9:00 am

panther wrote:I have purchased items from him in the past, but did not know he was parting out good guitars for his auctions. I poersonally will email him and tell him this is not right and I will not buy from him again.

Dan
Don't waste your time as it has already been done numerous times. He's been in this business of parting out vintage guitars for years and could care less what anyone thinks. He knows his items will sell regardless.
Danny Ellison

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:43 pm

I've seen this guy for a while as well as Hankaroo. It sickens me. That last item, the sunburst Celebrity was a perfectly good guitar. I saw it in April for sale and collected the pictures of it for my archives. Evidently Gibsondependable bought for that sole purpose. To me it's on the same level of killing animals just for their organs. Personally, I will not do business with someone like that.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am

A couple problems with this. One, parts are hard to find, so it will be hard to convince people not to buy a part they have been looking for, for a long time. Like Danny mentioned, if many people complained, and he still sells. Nothing we can do.

Dan

Return to “Off Topic”