Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:50 am

Hello forum members and moderators,

I have been noticing that new posts only show in the "new posts" link for one day or less. Not sure the exact time, but it seems like if I don't catch the new post before 1 day is up, it is sent to the board index appropriate file.

I think it would be more beneficial for members posting a new post especially if they are looking for a part or have a technical question if the post is able to be seen for a reasonable period of time so it can be commented on by other members. If not there is little chance of the new post being seen.

Is there anyway to extend the feature time to "new posts" to a week or more before they file into their respective file ?

Thoughts from other members?

Keep up the good work guys!

Bob

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: New posts feature time

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 pm

It would be great if it could be sorted by date range. That is a common feature of many forums. Alternatively, it could be laid out like the "Unread Posts" which just goes on and on.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:44 pm

I just checked and cannot find any method to lengthen the time to hold those post. Apparently it is set by default built into this updated system. I don't particularly like this new board layout but it is a secure system from the admin stand point. This is just something we'll have to live with.
Danny Ellison

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks for checking Danny. Yea, it is kind of a drag, If you spend alot of time posting a story or what you are wanting to share, it would be nice to know people get to see it and get involved with it.

Most of the time when I log on to the forum now, I look under New Posts and there is nothing there. It makes the good ol forum look kind of dead. Just sayin.

Thanks again Danny, not trying to complain, just wish it could be better.

Bob

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Well, there really hasn't been much activity here. Sometimes there are several days in between a new post. I did flip a couple of switches that may help but not sure.
Danny Ellison

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:28 am

I have noticed more posts there in the last couple of days. Hopefully what you did worked.

Thanks Danny

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:32 am

There is an internet-wide cache problem with some phpBB and vBulletin boards happening over the past several days up to and including right now. Could be related to that.

Return to “Off Topic”