Photobucket and third party sharing (new plan)

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Photobucket and third party sharing (new plan)

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am

I received an email from Photobucket that they have added a new level of membership that allows third party photo sharing. I used to pay $3.99 per month which comes to about $50 per year so that I could have unlimited bandwidth to embed photos into forum threads. When they stopped that and went to the $300 per year plan, myself and many others were angered by that and the sudden blocking of images embedded over the years.

The new membership comes to $99 per year and it's billed annually. Although it was twice as much as I used to pay I feel that $99 per year is a fair price and not gouging the customer so I signed up.

Now all of the threads I've created have had their links restored. That makes me very happy!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Johnny-Alien

Re: Photobucket and third party sharing (new plan)

Postby Johnny-Alien » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 pm

There is an extension for chrome called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". It's free and it fixes all of the broken images all over the internet. So if you use chrome download it and all will be good. For current image linking I use Flikr. I refuse to give Photobucket any money at all.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Johnny-Alien wrote:There is an extension for chrome called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". It's free and it fixes all of the broken images all over the internet. So if you use chrome download it and all will be good. For current image linking I use Flikr. I refuse to give Photobucket any money at all.

I just downloaded the free extension and it works like a champ. All my photobucket photos are back.
:arrow: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/cate ... ions?hl=en
Danny Ellison

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Johnny-Alien wrote:There is an extension for chrome called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". It's free and it fixes all of the broken images all over the internet. So if you use chrome download it and all will be good. For current image linking I use Flikr. I refuse to give Photobucket any money at all.

Thank you for the tip! I just downloaded the free extension and it works like a champ. All photobucket photos are now viewable again. I'm guessing everyone would have to download the extension to see all the many years of photos that have been blocked. At least now I can see them on my computer. ;)

:arrow: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/cate ... ions?hl=en
Danny Ellison

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 am

Yeah unfortunately everyone would have to download it but being free there is no reason for anyone on chrome NOT to download it. Just a hassle that we even have to. But it's really been a lifesaver for me when it comes to old forum posts.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:44 pm

This free link is amazing! I am so glad to be able to view images again. I wonder if this is the reason Photobucket slashed the price?

Return to “Off Topic”