How to create an Avatar photo

dubtrub
Administrator

How to create an Avatar photo

Postby dubtrub » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Want to create a proper size Avatar photo to add to your profile the simple way? Go to this free Avatar resizing website and follow the instructions. Maximum size for this forum is 100 pixels. Once you have resized your photo and saved it to your computer, go to your profile here on the forum 'edit Avatar section', use 'browse' to locate you Avatar photo, then hit the submit button. That's it.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
Danny Ellison

JohnnySpitfire

Re: How to create an Avatar photo

Postby JohnnySpitfire » Fri May 30, 2008 9:15 am

Thanks for that, it's been pecking my head for quite a while.

SurfCat

Postby SurfCat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:21 am

An easy way is to go to Google, click on "Images", enter your search term, find a thumbnail image you really like, save it in your Avatar folder and upload it to the forum from your computer.

SurfCat

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:32 pm

dubtrub wrote:Want to create a proper size Avatar photo to add to your profile the simple way? Go to this free Avatar resizing website and follow the instructions. Maximum size for this forum is 100 pixels. Once you have resized your photo and saved it to your computer, go to your profile here on the forum 'edit Avatar section', use 'browse' to locate you Avatar photo, then hit the submit button. That's it.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Hi dubtrub,
In the process of getting more familiarized with the ins and outs on the forum, I now come across the term "Avatar" with which I'm totally unfamiliar with. Is it a brand name for some sort of software or is it perhaps an abbreviation or something completely different?

I'm guessing now but would I be correct in thinking that your Avatar, for instance, is the little photo of a red Mosrite guitar leaning against a Mosrite(?) amp and under your username?

It's nothing important but I'm just curious to know...

Cheers, Veenture

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Veenture wrote:
I'm guessing now but would I be correct in thinking that your Avatar, for instance, is the little photo of a red Mosrite guitar leaning against a Mosrite(?) amp and under your username?

It's nothing important but I'm just curious to know...

You are correct. ;)
Danny Ellison

Return to “Off Topic”