Parts-rite Bass project

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Parts-rite Bass project

Postby dubtrub » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Yes, the upper route bout is cut deeper. Do a search a search on the internet for Mosrite basses and find the best photo's to show the detail of each angle before you start the final shaping. I think I still have some good photo's I can email to you of a standard guitar body. They are virtually the same as the bass. Let me know if you need them.
Danny Ellison

drbassman

Postby drbassman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 pm

dubtrub wrote:Yes, the upper route bout is cut deeper. Do a search a search on the internet for Mosrite basses and find the best photo's to show the detail of each angle before you start the final shaping. I think I still have some good photo's I can email to you of a standard guitar body. They are virtually the same as the bass. Let me know if you need them.

thanks, I checked out the photo gallery and I see the upper rout much better. Is there a router bit that can duplicate the contours? Ill have to of this by hand?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:18 pm

drbassman wrote:Is there a router bit that can duplicate the contours? Ill have to of this by hand?
Once it's been shaped as far as the one you have, you have to finish shaping it by hand.
Danny Ellison

drbassman

Postby drbassman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 am

dubtrub wrote:
drbassman wrote:Is there a router bit that can duplicate the contours? Ill have to of this by hand?
Once it's been shaped as far as the one you have, you have to finish shaping it by hand.

Egads, this project is gonna take a lot longer than I figured! :shock: I won't be able to get to this for several weeks or so.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”