How Do You Keep Your Mosrite Looking New??

mosriteforever

Re: How Do You Keep Your Mosrite Looking New??

Postby mosriteforever » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Hey All,
This is a no brainer. Use bore oil. It is available for cheap from your local instrument store. It is made for flutes and clairinets to keep the wood in good shape even if it's 200 years old. It works on guitar necks and all you have to do is scrub it with 0000 steel wool and then oil it, wipe excess off with rag, and your rocking fo another 10 years!

Mosriteforever!!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Danny posted:
know one thing for sure. Too much use of linseed oil puts a gloss film on the fretboard. Too much of any oil will soften the wood securing the frets. My recommendation is, if you use any substance on the fret board, clean it, oil it and wipe it dry as you can get it especially along side the frets. If you are unsure, don't use anything but sweat, slobber and beer. Course that can ruin the fretboard too. ;)

ABSOLUTELY!!! NEVER NEVER "Paint" your Fretboard! I will usually apply the linseed oil 3 to 4 times a year. AND, I will use a soft cloth or 100% cotton shirt to apply the oil. I DO NOT let it sit on the Fretboard. I usually will flip the cloth over and wipe down the excess thoroughly. Again, this IS NOT something that should be done everytime you change strings, because the fretboard will become soft enough tp possibly loosening up the frets :shock: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:03 pm

tonetti wrote:I as well dont really clean my guitars, Ill wipe them down when I change the strings, thats about it. A prefectly clean spotless guitar, really doesnt stand out to me, Now, an old dirty, beat up guitar, immediately catches my interest.

Here's my 68'

WoW!! Hey Tonetti!! I didn't notice that you had joined the Mosrite Forum, Welcome! :mrgreen:
When you get a chance, mosey on over to the Introduction Section, and tell us a little about yourself!! CHEERS! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”