I need a part for my Celebrity, maybe !!??

Slippery fingers

I need a part for my Celebrity, maybe !!??

Postby Slippery fingers » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:23 pm

My Celebrity is just about mint, there is only one spot on the back about the size of a dime thats checked, and a real small nick that you can hardly see on the lower horn. Other than that everything else is perfect---- except for---- the neck is bolted on with 3 screws, and each screw has a washer behind the screw head, well one of the washers is cracked in half, now I don't know if the proper name for this part is a washer, but it serves the same function, but they don't look like regular ordinary washers, they're kind of fancy, I've searched ebay but have never seen them up for auction, and my guitar tech told me not to worry about it but I would like to replace it with one that is'nt broken. First off I hope I explained it right, and second do any of you guys know where I can get one?
Paul :)
If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right!

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: I need a part for my Celebrity, maybe !!??

Postby dubtrub » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Take it to a qualified jeweler. He can silver solder it back together and re nickel plate it.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm

make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 am

Dubtrub, thats a GREAT idea, but first I want to explore the screw and washer set on ebay that Dennisthe Menace just told me about. So Dennis, what do you think? I looked at the link on ebay you gave me, they look just a little different, but if I use all three washers then only you and I will know!! :) do you think they're the same size? And THANKS SO MUCH for finding them, I never thought of looking anywhere else but on the Mosrite listings on ebay. Now one more question, if Im fortunate enough to win them, Im thinking all I would have to do is loosen the strings, and take one screw at a time off and replace the washers, is there any recommende ft/lbs torque that I need to apply to each screw? Or am I better off just to let the guitar tech handle the washer switch-out? I want to thank both you guys for the info.
Paul ;)

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:40 am

Paul, you should be fine doing the transferring one at a time. To the best of my knowledge, I believe these washers were a generic size that were used back in the 60s, whether they were on a Harmony, Kay, Mosrite as well as some other manufacturers. However, I would recommend using the existing screws that came with the Mosrite. ;)

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Dennis,
Im gonna throw a bid on those screws, and yes I agree Im gonna use the original screws that are on my Celebrity. I really appriciate you finding those on ebay for me, like I said I've been looking for them since I first got the guitar. I'll let you know if I win them.
Paul :D

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Slippery fingers wrote:Dennis,
Im gonna throw a bid on those screws, and yes I agree Im gonna use the original screws that are on my Celebrity. I really appriciate you finding those on ebay for me, like I said I've been looking for them since I first got the guitar. I'll let you know if I win them.
Paul :D

No problem! That's what this FORUM is all about. This is one big family of Mosrite Nuts, here to help each other out.... :mrgreen:

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”