MIJ Mosrite Roller Bridge question

GattonFan
Master Contributor

MIJ Mosrite Roller Bridge question

Postby GattonFan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:42 am

Does anyone know where I might find replacement intonation screws/acorn nuts for a MIJ (Fillmore/Firstman?) copy. I have tried 4-40 machine screws, and the metric equivalent, and neither of these fit as snugly as the originals. Any suggestions?

Dennis

Dennisthe Menace

Re: MIJ Mosrite Roller Bridge question

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:58 pm

GattonFan wrote:Does anyone know where I might find replacement intonation screws/acorn nuts for a MIJ (Fillmore/Firstman?) copy. I have tried 4-40 machine screws, and the metric equivalent, and neither of these fit as snugly as the originals. Any suggestions?

Dennis

It DOESN'T FIT?!? :shock: Dennis, this might be a LONG SHOT, but have you tried
swapping one of the acorn nuts with your other guitar? If I remember correctly, both of
your guitars are MIJs? And if so, you should be able to swap acorns with no problem.
HOWEVER...if that's not the case, well, you might possibly have an American Bridge on
your Second guitar. And I believe the spacing between the Bridge Screws are that the
Bridge will fit with a little aggressive pressure without wrecking it, but I believe they will
fit. BUT, if that is the case, then maybe you need the acorns that are UNIVERSAL fit.... :|
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”