Another "Parts-Rite" ... Completed with pics

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Another "Parts-Rite" ... Completed with pics

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Image[/quote]
LADIES and GENTLEMEN!....the NEW FAB FOUR!!! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

TwangOmatic

Postby TwangOmatic » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 am

gattonfan very nice work! Could you tell me more about this Curtis guy you got the parts from? I live about an hour from Toronto and id love to build my own Mosrite.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 am

TwangOmatic wrote:gattonfan very nice work! Could you tell me more about this Curtis guy you got the parts from? I live about an hour from Toronto and id love to build my own Mosrite.

Twangomatic,

There are a number of us on the forum who have built "Parts-rites" from Curtis' stash. In a nutshell, when Mosrite went under in 1993 a Canadian investor wound up with a large cache of parts in various stages of finish. Curtis Muldoon and his wife Lizzy have been selling off the parts over time. The "ready to assemble" stuff is mostly gone with the remainder needing a bit of work to get up and running; there's some question whether some of these parts were rejects as opposed to incompletes, but with the right combo of parts you can still put together a nice instrument.

Here's a link to my personal parts-rite experience, with all the ups and downs on the way to a guitar I'm very happy with: http://www.mosriteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112 I think Curtis is closer to Windsor than Toronto, but that still puts you closer to him than most of us. If you do manage to get to his stash in person - take pictures! It would be really interesting to see what all he's got.

Mel

PS. Lizzy's email is laceghetto@gmail.com Let her know you heard about them here.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:05 am

Thanks, Twang ... I agree with Mel, that if you have the patience, and are willing to see it through, you can put together a very nice, playable guitar from the parts Curtis supplies (if he still has some - haven't seen any on eBay recently). Mel and Jim (SleeperNY) were kind of trailblazers, so it helps to see what others have done. Thanks for the email address, Mel ... I was going to send Curtis completed pix, but couldn't find his email. I just saw Nokie model Mos on eBay for almost $5k - mine is looking better all the time ...

Dennis

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:07 am

I think Curtis actually gets them form that investor. He was telling me in an email that he actually has to trade complete instruments for the mosrite parts.

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 am

Just for sake of conversation. What is the cost of putting one together from Curtis' parts?

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:33 am

Depending on what you get from him. I got everything except wiring, and selector switch - @ $1100.00 Took me 3 tries to get a body I could work with, but Curtis is very accommodating.

Dennis

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”