Drilling holes in a Vibramute trem plate

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Drilling holes in a Vibramute trem plate

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:09 am

Dantana wrote:Ah, OK. I have the ones that were sent by Bill Gruggett, I believe they are model B36. Would you happen to know the size Hallmark uses?

I don't but Bushers can tell you when he's back on line.
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 am

B36 is the correct size for Mosrite, so at least you're good there.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Bushers
Valued Member

Postby Bushers » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 am

I bought a tremelo rocker piece (bit that the tremelo arm attaches to and all strings go through) from Hallmark to replace the bizarre one that I had on the Ventures II model I had bought, I am using the original Torrington B36 bearings that were with the guitar and the original Mosely tailpiece, the only difference was that the hole that is in the Hallmark part was .200" diameter and the original tremelo rocker has .190" diameter holes. To overcome this I custom made 2 new stepped pins.

From what you are asking, I think that you will have to do the same, just to get a nice fit in the Hallmark part as I dont think, IIRC, that a .200 dia pin will fit in the bearings. You could try using the original pins as they will fit in the Hallmark replacement easily and when strings are tensioned will hold them in place, much like the bearings in the tailpiece, as you may have noticed that they have a pretty sloppy fit!!!

Let me know if you have any issues with the .190 pins as I might be able to help you out with getting some stepped ones made...
Jason (Bushers)
1965 Ventures II Model ~ #B233

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”