Source for roller saddles?

Hydra19
Valued Member

Source for roller saddles?

Postby Hydra19 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 am

I noticed a really strange problem on my Fillmore reissue, don't know how I missed it before but the roller saddle for the low E, seems to be too narrow so the string is not fully seated in the saddle like the rest of the strings. The low E is about .5 mm higher than the rest of the strings.

I couldn't work the roller saddle loose, and it seems that vintage mosrite bridges don't fit on the japanese reissues so am not sure what to do.
Anybody know where I can get a set of roller saddles at least?

I'm using 9 gauge strings, surprising even that is too big...i've also cut a piece off the low e string and checked if it would fit into any of the other saddles, but no dice

Greg_L
Top Producer

Re: Source for roller saddles?

Postby Greg_L » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Hydra19 wrote:I noticed a really strange problem on my Fillmore reissue, don't know how I missed it before but the roller saddle for the low E, seems to be too narrow so the string is not fully seated in the saddle like the rest of the strings. The low E is about .5 mm higher than the rest of the strings.

I couldn't work the roller saddle loose, and it seems that vintage mosrite bridges don't fit on the japanese reissues so am not sure what to do.
Anybody know where I can get a set of roller saddles at least?

I'm using 9 gauge strings, surprising even that is too big...i've also cut a piece off the low e string and checked if it would fit into any of the other saddles, but no dice

I had the problem of frozen rollers on my original Mosrite bridge.

What I did was bought a knock-off bridge for like 23 bucks off ebay and just took the roller saddles off of it and put them on the Mosrite bridge baseplate. Worked great.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”