Hear the sounds of my Mosrite clones.

dubtrub
Administrator

Hear the sounds of my Mosrite clones.

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:53 am

We recently had on occasion for a (huge) family get together after a funeral and as to be expected everyone was drinking and playing music. There are a lot of musicians in my extended family and this was our first time together in many, many years, so obviously our playing was strictly unrehearsed and off the cuff, but it will give you an idea of what my recently built candy apple red guitar and the newly built unfinished bass sound like. I'm playing (or trying to play lead, I forgot the lead in Sleep Walk :oops: ), my son Daren is on bass and my cousin Keith is playing keyboard (he forgot the stand so he used a card table). It sounds better if you are drinking. :lol:

:arrow: a short blues jam and Sleep Walk
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Hear the sounds of my Mosrite clones.

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:31 am

dubtrub wrote:We recently had on occasion for a (huge) family get together after a funeral and as to be expected everyone was drinking and playing music. There are a lot of musicians in my extended family and this was our first time together in many, many years, so obviously our playing was strictly unrehearsed and off the cuff, but it will give you an idea of what my recently built candy apple red guitar and the newly built unfinished bass sound like. I'm playing (or trying to play lead, I forgot the lead in Sleep Walk :oops: ), my son Daren is on bass and my cousin Keith is playing keyboard (he forgot the stand so he used a card table). It sounds better if you are drinking. :lol:

:arrow: a short blues jam and Sleep Walk

ImageImage Image
VERY NICE!!!! I didn't expect to see project #4 up and running already!!! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 am

Danny,

Both the guitar and bass sound very nice - what amps were you using?

Always nice to see a family jam session; I'm hoping my five year old daughter continues to enjoy music as she gets older, and I'm still trying to convince my wife to learn to play drums or bass.

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:05 am

MWaldorf wrote: what amps were you using?

I was using my '57 tweed Deluxe clone that I built from a Weber kit, my son was using the amp that I described in another post. :arrow: mini piggyback
Danny Ellison

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 am

MWaldorf wrote:Always nice to see a family jam session; I'm hoping my five year old daughter continues to enjoy music as she gets older, and I'm still trying to convince my wife to learn to play drums or bass.

Mel

Family jam sessions are fun and a wide variety of music. We had electric and acoustic guitars, mandolins, harps, tambourines, keyboard, singers etc, etc. all playing everything from blue grass, country, blues, jazz to surf music. It started at noon and lasted until 10:pm non stop. We just kept rotating players and instruments through out the day and passing the jug. ;)
Danny Ellison

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Dub: Sorry for your loss.

Great sounding and great looking guitars. I can't wait to see the bass with finish.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Danny. that sounds really nice!

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”