Abominable Showmen/my band. 1st recording Custom 60 content!

huffman83

Abominable Showmen/my band. 1st recording Custom 60 content!

Postby huffman83 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:25 pm

I figured some of you Hallmark Custom 60 guys may dig since it was the only guitar I played on the whole recording!

http://www.abominableshowmen.com

If you're on Facebook feel free to "like" us and check out the tunes from the "music" section of the page.
Rigs
Surf: Fender Quad Reverb Head/2x12 Bogner Cabinet/Gretsch Pro Jet/MIJ Squire Jagmaster w/ p-94's.
Brootz and Rock n roll:Mesa Tremoverb/ Marshall JMP MkII/DSL50/Guild S100/Ampeg AMG-1/MIJ Memphis tele

AND MUCH MUCH MOORE!

dave m

Re: Abominable Showmen/my band. 1st recording Custom 60 cont

Postby dave m » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:47 am

very cool. great vibe

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Wow, this is great stuff! Is it available in cd or vinyl format? I love the cover art.

Thank you for using our gear!

Bob

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Love the Band name!!! Great Stuff Guys!!! ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

huffman83 wrote:I figured some of you Hallmark Custom 60 guys may dig since it was the only guitar I played on the whole recording!

http://www.abominableshowmen.com

If you're on Facebook feel free to "like" us and check out the tunes from the "music" section of the page.

I hope the term "awesome" isn't overused 'cause that's how I want to describe what I heard! Great clean sound and I'm wondering if the bass wasn't recorded direct to the "board" 'cause every note is clear and, of course, palpable. I took the sound out of my pc into the front A/V inputs on my receiver and head through improved INFINITY RS6b speakers. The aural experience was like being in the recording studio!

Here's an idea for a song title. As you may be aware, the bigfoot legend gained prominence from Roger Patterson's 1967 film. Since bigfoot and abominable snowmen are names for similar creatures, as well as Sasquatch, Yeti, etc., you could honor Roger with the title "Roger! - Patterson" with "Roger!" being the term used by as a form of agreement.

huffman83

Postby huffman83 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 am

Thanks guys! Yeah, all of it is available for purchase through bandcamp on our facebook page. We're working on Itunes right now. But we're fortunate that my drummer is a very talented and useful guy who has the bare minimum of recording equipment needed to make records on our own. He's used to recording his metal band so that's why the mix of the album is a bit more punchy/in your face when it comes to dealing w/ a surf band. Initially the first mix was pretty dry and the drums jumped out more in the tracks. So I tell Cully my drummer to crank up the guitar and put more reverb on everything. And he's like "Everything?" ...YES EVERYTHING it's surf, you can't have too much. It turns out that when he put more reverb on all of the tracks that it evened up a lot of the levels.

Being that we can record on our own we just plan on releasing tunes online only since it will be the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to get music out there. For live shows we'll be looking into download cards and stuff to sell.

And you are correct Lopez and Roger That!! This was my first experience using one of the Tech 21 Bass pedals in a recording. We pretty much just used the SVT setting and turned the gain up and down depending on the song.
Rigs
Surf: Fender Quad Reverb Head/2x12 Bogner Cabinet/Gretsch Pro Jet/MIJ Squire Jagmaster w/ p-94's.
Brootz and Rock n roll:Mesa Tremoverb/ Marshall JMP MkII/DSL50/Guild S100/Ampeg AMG-1/MIJ Memphis tele

AND MUCH MUCH MOORE!

midwestsurfer

Postby midwestsurfer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 am

Great sound, I really enjoyed the songs you have up. Thanks for sharing your music with us!
Nick

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”