Venus Veins (Russia)

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Venus Veins (Russia)

Postby Veenture » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm

MikeWilson wrote:P.S.: VENTURES stopped to play Mosrites and switched to Fender and Aria because they recognized: Mosrite is for guitar players with BALLS only
Presumably that was spoken in jest because anyone implying that The Ventures have a deficiency in the lower torso department is displaying blatant ignorance. Many, many guitar players of any repute -and that includes 'Heavy Metal' players- have been inspired by The Ventures to pick up the guitar and if not from them directly, then certainly from the next generation of players who themselves became famous... thanks to THE VENTURES!

The Ventures have endorsed many different brands for $$$ and Yents and are still doing it...good for them! :)

mrmomo

Postby mrmomo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Amen, Paul.

I've played my share of classic, hard rock, heavy metal, pop, punk, fusion, etc. and I enjoy them all.
My first love is the Ventures and Surf instrumentals and that's why I'm here.

This forum has SO much to offer to everyone of all musical tastes.
Yes, the Ventures have inspired the famous and those who are not yet famous.
My wish is to meet the remaining members someday soon. Just to be able to sit in with them for a song at Fan Fest would be a dream come true!

Thank you Mosrite Forum and thank you Ventures! :D

-John
John Drysdale | Surf Guitarist - Mentor - Instructor | John Drysdale Music
Web Sites: http://www.johndrysdalesurfguitar.com | http://www.johndrysdalemusic.com

MikeWilson

Postby MikeWilson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am

Veenture wrote:
MikeWilson wrote:P.S.: VENTURES stopped to play Mosrites and switched to Fender and Aria because they recognized: Mosrite is for guitar players with BALLS only
Presumably that was spoken in jest because anyone implying that The Ventures have a deficiency in the lower torso department is displaying blatant ignorance. Many, many guitar players of any repute -and that includes 'Heavy Metal' players- have been inspired by The Ventures to pick up the guitar and if not from them directly, then certainly from the next generation of players who themselves became famous... thanks to THE VENTURES!

The Ventures have endorsed many different brands for $$$ and Yents and are still doing it...good for them! :)

That was kinda joke, so don't get it close to your heart, please. ;) As for me, I do love Ventures too)

This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:39 am

MikeWilson wrote:That was kinda joke, so don't get it close to your heart, please. ;) As for me, I do love Ventures too)
I was counting on that, Mike but that's a rather sensitive area where you were treading- close to the lion's den, you might say! ;)
Let's not forget that it was The Ventures who put Mosrite on the map in the first place and at a time when groups like The Ramones were still unknown, with all respect. Your band does an excellent job at Grunge, by the way.
-Paul

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm

MikeWilson wrote:Oh, thank you guyz!

As for me, I always tried not to react on any critic review like the bull on red blanket. Everyone has his own right to hate anything or anyone, but please, Ed, tell me what kind of music do you like? I think, it's better know it to not post info about our album to a forum of your FAV's by a mistake. Really afraid to die of cancer caused by hatred))

By the way, about Weenie Beenie: Ed, you better write a message to Dave Grohl and ask him to stop writing unlistenable noise songs and selling out tickets to Wembley Stadium.

P.S.: VENTURES stopped to play Mosrites and switched to Fender and Aria because they recognized: Mosrite is for guitar players with BALLS only (why do you think, Johnny Ramone always stood with his legs wide and what he tried to hide with the guitar, hanging much lower than torso?)!!! ;)

Well, dubtrub doesn't want a pissin' match so I'll be succint. Everyone is entitled to like and dislike. Also, within certain policy regarding offensible language, I stayed within those limits. I consider what I heard on the video noise without any musical merit. There will always be those who disagree openly while holding back on their true feelings. Anyone who likes melodic, harmonious music may dislike the opposite. I'm in that camp. Grunge and adolescent music regardless of who plays or what instruments are used are as I said not my cup of tea. Here is an example of Mosrites being used by 2 late '60s group and I liked one and disliked the other. The Stooges and the MC5. I saw the Stooges and wanted that beautiful Mosrite bass that Dave Alexander played. The MC5 while not being as "melodious" as the Stooges were a bit more noisy. But not as noisy as your guys!

But even though I used the word succint, let me stray a little to show you how others react as I did to a similar situation, between brackets:
[Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends is the debut album of English rock singer Screaming Lord Sutch. Recording began in May 1969 at Mystic Studios in Hollywood and released on Cotillion Records in 1970. The album featured an all-star line-up with contributions from Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page (who also produced the album) and John Bonham, guitarist Jeff Beck, session keyboardist Nicky Hopkins, session guitarist Deniel Edwards and Jimi Hendrix Experience bass-player Noel Redding. Rick Brown and Carlo Little were previously with The Savages. Many of the musicians who sessioned for Sutch on this album had grave misgivings upon its release. They were under the assumption these were demo quality recordings. As a result the artists disowned the project and the album did poorly saleswise. It also seriously damaged Sutch's reputation with the musicians involved. "I just went down to have a laugh, playing some old rock 'n' roll, a bit of a send-up. The whole joke sort of reversed itself and became ugly," Jimmy Page said of the record.[3]

A negative review published in Rolling Stone called Sutch "absolutely terrible" and lamented that under the restrictions of the project, the collection of talented musicians on hand were made to sound "like a fouled parody of themselves".[2]

This album has also been released under the name "Smoke and Fire".]

I rest my case.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Well, through out life it's always been my practice, if I didn't have anything positive or worthwhile to say, then keep quiet. It serves no purpose to be rude, insulting or condescending to someone in public simply because I feel differently or strongly about a certain subject. Ninety nine times out of a hundred someone's feelings will be hurt. Sure I have strong feelings and opinions about certain subjects such as politics, religion, sexual or musical preference but that is not what this forum is all about. The forum is for positive upbeat, informative or entertaining exchange of information. If it was for people to put down others I would never have started the forum in the first place. There are too many forums on the internet where people get diarrhea of the mouth and spew whatever they feel like saying. There's been several times on this forum where someone has expressed themselves that I disagreed with to the point I feel like screaming but rather than responding negatively I simply move on. A simple rule is to ask oneself before posting something questionable, how would I feel if someone said to me what I'm about to say to/about them. I think the majority of all members of the Mosrite forum feel as though we are all one big happy family and that is why this forum has been a huge success.
Danny Ellison

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:36 pm

dubtrub wrote:Well, through out life it's always been my practice, if I didn't have anything positive or worthwhile to say, then keep quiet. It serves no purpose to be rude, insulting or condescending to someone in public simply because I feel differently or strongly about a certain subject. Ninety nine times out of a hundred someone's feelings will be hurt. Sure I have strong feelings and opinions about certain subjects such as politics, religion, sexual or musical preference but that is not what this forum is all about. The forum is for positive upbeat, informative or entertaining exchange of information. If it was for people to put down others I would never have started the forum in the first place. There are too many forums on the internet where people get diarrhea of the mouth and spew whatever they feel like saying. There's been several times on this forum where someone has expressed themselves that I disagreed with to the point I feel like screaming but rather than responding negatively I simply move on. A simple rule is to ask oneself before posting something questionable, how would I feel if someone said to me what I'm about to say to/about them. I think the majority of all members of the Mosrite forum feel as though we are all one big happy family and that is why this forum has been a huge success.

And I don't mind taking some credit for the forum's "huge success". I've helped others where no one else stepped in and I've provided requested info where none was offered by others.

I think that every member of this forum is an adult and as long as we are civil various POVs could be posted and accepted and those that dislike the POV may one day offer their own without fearing that feelings will be hurt. I don't that we are that immature that someone's opinion may mean more than a hill of beans.

You didn't comment on a video because the title insulted some part of you. But you didn't have to offer even those comments but you wanted to let others know that you had been offended and you were big enough to allow the video to be posted and to stand. I was suprised and at the same time very pleased that you are that open minded that some material posted here is not going to please all members.

If you feel that I am a potential time bomb and you never know when I'll go off again, I'll simply resign my membership and you'll never have to worry about my type of expression again. I thought that we could be free with each other to let others know how we feel about certain things as long as we didn't use vulgar language which sometimes allows some relief.

Actually, since the air is sort-tainted there's no use in my continuing to visit this forum so I'll bow out and save you all the trouble of saying: "Good riddance!"

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Sorry you feel that way. As for the video comment, it was in direct violation of the rules of this forum. My comment was a tactful way of heading it off at the pass.

In case you missed it when you joined the forum, this is from the introduction statement.

dubtrub wrote:Additionally this forum is for mature and responsible dialog, the administrators and moderators will not tolerate vulgar innuendos, foul, demeaning or abusive language, nor discussions about sex, politics or religion.
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Edward,
It's pretty simple. You're welcome here so long as you treat other people with kindness and respect. You may have noticed that you're not the only one who doesn't care for the style of music played by the Venus Veins. You'll notice however that you're the only one who chose to express that opinion in a derogatory fashion.
Perhaps we have different ideas of what it means to be civil, but suffice it to say that according to the founder, owner and moderators on this forum, being civil does not include declaring the performances of others to be "not music".
I hope you can find it in yourself to abide by the rules and remain a member of the forum, but if you can't, it's best to part ways.
Sincerely,
Mel
owner/moderator
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MikeWilson

Postby MikeWilson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:36 am

Edward Lopez wrote:Well, dubtrub doesn't want a pissin' match so I'll be succint. Everyone is entitled to like and dislike. Also, within certain policy regarding offensible language, I stayed within those limits. I consider what I heard on the video noise without any musical merit. There will always be those who disagree openly while holding back on their true feelings. Anyone who likes melodic, harmonious music may dislike the opposite. I'm in that camp. Grunge and adolescent music regardless of who plays or what instruments are used are as I said not my cup of tea. Here is an example of Mosrites being used by 2 late '60s group and I liked one and disliked the other. The Stooges and the MC5. I saw the Stooges and wanted that beautiful Mosrite bass that Dave Alexander played. The MC5 while not being as "melodious" as the Stooges were a bit more noisy. But not as noisy as your guys!

But even though I used the word succint, let me stray a little to show you how others react as I did to a similar situation, between brackets:
[Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends is the debut album of English rock singer Screaming Lord Sutch. Recording began in May 1969 at Mystic Studios in Hollywood and released on Cotillion Records in 1970. The album featured an all-star line-up with contributions from Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page (who also produced the album) and John Bonham, guitarist Jeff Beck, session keyboardist Nicky Hopkins, session guitarist Deniel Edwards and Jimi Hendrix Experience bass-player Noel Redding. Rick Brown and Carlo Little were previously with The Savages. Many of the musicians who sessioned for Sutch on this album had grave misgivings upon its release. They were under the assumption these were demo quality recordings. As a result the artists disowned the project and the album did poorly saleswise. It also seriously damaged Sutch's reputation with the musicians involved. "I just went down to have a laugh, playing some old rock 'n' roll, a bit of a send-up. The whole joke sort of reversed itself and became ugly," Jimmy Page said of the record.[3]

A negative review published in Rolling Stone called Sutch "absolutely terrible" and lamented that under the restrictions of the project, the collection of talented musicians on hand were made to sound "like a fouled parody of themselves".[2]

This album has also been released under the name "Smoke and Fire".]

I rest my case.

Maaan, I never wanted to hurt anyone with music we play (or noise we make, never mind), really sorry if I did - shame on me. But please, if you don't like something - no one makes you to that. Looks like pure masohism - the sounds of our music making you vomit, but you keepin' on listening and discussing on it. Really, what are you trying to prove? You want me to stop playing grunge? Sorry, I will. Or you want all the people all over the world to play Mosrites in a "right way"? But who said, the way you call "right" is REAL right?

You started with a phrase "Actually not my cup of tea, but..." and it was better to stop, I think. No, of course, you can remind me about your freedom of speech, but you always have to remember that your freedom ends when you starting to infringe the freedom of anyone else. For that time, it was my freedom to play ANY music with ANY instrument I want and I don"t force anyone to sit and listen.

So let's bury the hatchet and stay...not-enemies, at least. Think, we both know: arguing on the internet is like running at the special olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded. As for me, I don't see any reason to quarrel. Thank you for your concern. ;)

P.S.: Looky-looky, what I got, by the way)) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4732&p=52117#p52117 - last post.

This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”