My acoustic Mosrite guitar

Green Bear

My acoustic Mosrite guitar

Postby Green Bear » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 pm

So I actually played my acoustic Mosrite (Balladere) for the first time. I'm not much of a guitar player and while I do play, I'd consider myself more of a collector than anything.

Didn't see much information on these so I went ahead and recorded one of my crappy songs using it. My abilities don't stretch far beyond open and barre chords, so I can't give much more in terms of demonstrating the sound qualities of it. That said, I thought someone on this forum might find it useful as this post is meant to show off the guitar not my songwriting skills :oops:

I will say that I was somewhat surprised that it didn't sound like complete crap or quickly become untuned since I haven't changed out the strings or had it setup for me yet.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: My acoustic Mosrite guitar

Postby Veenture » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:10 am

That sounded just fine!...and the guitar too ;)

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Your crappy song sounds very uncrappy, nice job. Post some more.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Green Bear

Postby Green Bear » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks for the kind words. It's just a little intimidating posting simple open chord songs when other members are tearing it up all over the fret board 8-).

Here's one more that has some slow single notes in it. I plan a complete overhaul of the lyrics on this one as they are based on the movie I was leisurely watching when I wrote the song.

On the Mosrite, it's definitely looking like it needs some work after playing it more. I didn't notice it the first time I played, but the strings come out of tune incredibly fast. However, they all went 1/2-1 full step down together so it still sounded serviceable and I didn't pick up on it. I'd like to get the action moved down a little bit too. When I piddled around with it high up the neck I was having some difficulties.

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”