Mosrite on tour with the Insect Surfers

Nokie
Top Producer

Mosrite on tour with the Insect Surfers

Postby Nokie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:43 pm

I used a Mosrite Super Custom '65 on a mini tour with the Insect Surfers this last weekend. We did a couple of biker bars in Reno and another jig in Frisco at the Hotel Utah. The Mosrite sounded great through a '65 Fender Super. Pictures can be seen at http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x276 ... 20Surfers/

I hope to put up some youtube's of it soon.

-Marty

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite on tour with the Insect Surfers

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Marty, nice lookin gtr! Is that a recent purchase?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Marty,

Sorry I missed the Utah show; I heard it was a blast. We had a gig in Napa at Judd's Hill Winery, and, well, as they say, with one tuchus you can't dance at two weddings.

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:12 am

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Marty, nice lookin gtr! Is that a recent purchase?

Thanks Dennis,
Yeah, I got this one 3 or 4 weeks ago. It compares closest with an Excellent I have but has a brighter tone that I like (A/B comparison of course!). On the other hand, the Excellent is a bit lighter in weight, has a nicer burst paint job, and has "Mosrite" stamped into the 4-bolt neck plate. Am I thinking of pulling the ol' switcheroo with the Excellent and SC'65 bodies? Yep, but I'm too lazy right now and I really don't want to mess up either guitar as they both operate beautifully as they are.
-Marty

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 am

MWaldorf wrote:Marty,

Sorry I missed the Utah show; I heard it was a blast. We had a gig in Napa at Judd's Hill Winery, and, well, as they say, with one tuchus you can't dance at two weddings.

Mel

Hi Mel,
Yes, we heard that you guys were doin' yer Klesmer-meets-Surf outta town that day. Were any Mosrites involved at the Winery gig? I'll tell ya, I much rather woulda been playin' Napa. I love that area.

-Marty

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Nokie wrote:

Mel

Hi Mel,
Yes, we heard that you guys were doin' yer Klesmer-meets-Surf outta town that day. Were any Mosrites involved at the Winery gig? I'll tell ya, I much rather woulda been playin' Napa. I love that area.

-Marty

I had my '66 Ventures model with me:
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:06 pm

MWaldorf wrote:
Nokie wrote:

Mel

Hi Mel,

-Marty

I had my '66 Ventures model with me:

Very cool! Your Mosrite looks like an early '66 with the truss rod access at the base of the neck. In keeping with the theme of the Meshugga Beach Party you could call it a Mosesrite, but I'm guessing I'm not the first to make that observation. -Marty

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:50 pm

[quote="Nokie
Very cool! Your Mosrite looks like an early '66 with the truss rod access at the base of the neck. In keeping with the theme of the Meshugga Beach Party you could call it a Mosesrite, but I'm guessing I'm not the first to make that observation. -Marty[/quote]

Oh, you mean like this? :)

My Ventures model has the trus rod at the headstock, it's just hard to see in the photo. Come to think of it, I haven't pulled the neck or checked the pots for dates so I suppose it could be a '67, as the serial number is pretty high for a Ventures model.

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:01 am

Great pic's Nokie. Did I see a thumb pic in some of those pic's???

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:20 am

MWaldorf wrote:[quote="Nokie
Very cool! Your Mosrite looks like an early '66 with the truss rod access at the base of the neck. In keeping with the theme of the Meshugga Beach Party you could call it a Mosesrite, but I'm guessing I'm not the first to make that observation. -Marty

Oh, you mean like this? :)

My Ventures model has the trus rod at the headstock, it's just hard to see in the photo. Come to think of it, I haven't pulled the neck or checked the pots for dates so I suppose it could be a '67, as the serial number is pretty high for a Ventures model.[/quote]

Well that makes it easier to adjust the truss. Did you just now make that Mosesrite logo? Very funny.
-Marty

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”