Delta Blues amp

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Delta Blues amp

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 pm

In general I'm wary of solid state gear, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the tone of my '68 Vox Buckingham. Of course, these are notoriously awful to service and are a true rat's nest inside. Maybe it's the germanium transistors. Or the built in fuzz? :)
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:37 am

MWaldorf wrote:In general I'm wary of solid state gear, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the tone of my '68 Vox Buckingham. Of course,
these are notoriously awful to service and are a true rat's nest inside. Maybe it's the germanium transistors. Or the built in fuzz? :)
:shock: When did you land a Buckingham?!?!? I've been looking here and there and found a few, but not anything that I would want to
bring home :lol:.....Is there anybody else here on the Forum that owns a Buckingham?.....Besides Mel and Brutus? 8-)
Alright, back to the 'Delta' :mrgreen: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 am

I have a Buckingham head and two Viscounts, which are Buckinghams in a combo case.

I think that part of the sound is the Germanium output transistors as well as the transformer driver stage. The distortion is basically a non-adjustable Fuzz Face circuit.

Return to “Amp Tech Q&A and Repair Shop”