Hallmark II Sheena model

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark II Sheena model

Postby 101Volts » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 am

Rocco: Interesting! I wonder if they used them only for one performance and if there are any pictures of that concert? It would be very interesting to see pictures of The Ventures with slab body models!

Sean: Yes, Everyone associates the II with Johnny but I was just wondering if The Ventures ever played them. It would be something to see a picture of them with IIs. (Oh and while I'm thinking of it has anyone ever heard of a Mosrite II bass model?)
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 am

I have hear that the Ventures did actually use the slab body guitars in Japan when these guitars were first concieved. I have heard that there is in fact a picture of them that someone has using them in Japan. Our models are very easy playing and would be suitable for any style on music. We are considering a trem unit however we would like to start as is for these at this time.

Bob

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 am

Mr. Shade

i think it would be a really god idea to bring out a trem unit version of this guitar and also how much would a custom matte orange or red finish cost??

Oh and just for the record i think Johnnys idea of putting "Sheena II" or "Road to Ruin II" on the area of the stock where the Ventures logo was origially placed would be a good idea or maybe even just printing "Mark II" or "MKII"

thanks

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:25 pm

SeanTheFunky posted:
Oh and just for the record i think Johnnys idea of putting "Sheena II" or "Road to Ruin II" on the area of the stock where the Ventures logo was origially placed would be a good idea or maybe even just printing "Mark II" or "MKII"

OK...then go the extra mile and stamp it with 'HMark II' or 'H Mark II' which= Hallmark II :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Bob Shade wrote:I have hear that the Ventures did actually use the slab body guitars in Japan when these guitars were first concieved. I have heard that there is in fact a picture of them that someone has using them in Japan. Our models are very easy playing and would be suitable for any style on music. We are considering a trem unit however we would like to start as is for these at this time.

Bob

I'm sure your models are very suitable for any kind of music. Nobody has to have any particular type of guitar just to play some specific kind of music. I'm sure we all know that though.

I'm glad you're considering a tremolo unit, Which one are you thinking of though - A folded aluminum trem or the kind on the 60 custom? Perhaps you could have the options of having a stop tailpiece, a folded trem or a 60 custom style trem put on (Or maybe they could all be slightly different from the standard parts but also be interchangeable? :mrgreen: )

Dennisthe Menace wrote:SeanTheFunky posted:

OK...then go the extra mile and stamp it with 'HMark II' or 'H Mark II' which= Hallmark II :mrgreen:

I like it, Sounds a bit corny but hey... HallMark II? No, That looks worse :lol: The Hallmark II Sheena Model sounds the best.

On the subject of The Ventures playing the "II" Models, I'd like to see a picture of them playing these guitars if anyone has it. I started googling images but haven't found anything yet.
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:SeanTheFunky posted:

Hah, creative! I love it.

Still I think "The Hallmark II "Sheena" Model" would be better looking. Or "The Sheena model" and "The Road to Ruin model" Or something of sorts with the ventures style layout and text of course. I wish I was good enough with computer graphics to actually do this on a picture.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Bob Shade wrote:I have hear that the Ventures did actually use the slab body guitars in Japan when these guitars were first concieved. I have heard that there is in fact a picture of them that someone has using them in Japan. Our models are very easy playing and would be suitable for any style on music. We are considering a trem unit however we would like to start as is for these at this time.

Bob

A folded steel trem like on the originals? If you do that, I love you.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Yes yes yes - definitely a folded steel trem. Bob, make it an additional cost extra so you can keep the prices in line, but it would definitely be a great addition to the line. Of course, so would a three pickup version in sunburst. You can call it the Meshugga Model ;) ;) ;)
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Yes it will be the folded sheet metal trem piece. It will be available later as an add on. But, not at at this time. So please, do not ask for one until we get them going after the fact. The guitars will come first. We have not tooled up for the tailpiece yet and we do not want to slow the run down. We had not planned on offerring the tailpiece. I think the majority will not want the tailpiece, but we will have them eventually for the players who do. We aims to please.

Bob

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:29 am

Bob Shade wrote:Yes it will be the folded sheet metal trem piece. It will be available later as an add on.
Bob

I love you.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”