Hallmark 60's Custom

Tommy W

Re: Hallmark 60's Custom

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 8:59 am

Here are some photos I took with my camera phone. I always wanted a sunburst set neck Ventures model but could never afford it ,I think this is the next best thing and it has the Mosrite sound and is more playable.

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 am

Here are a couple more. Hallmark done a great job on the sunburst finish and Im glad they changed over to a metal nut . The early ones had a plastic nut.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri May 09, 2008 9:14 am

OUTSTANDING!

That is beautiful. All that for $899?

You should make this one your Avatar.

Danny Ellison

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 am

Thanks, 899.00 plus 39.00 for shipping.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

Welcome to the Community Tommy,
Like Danny said, all that for $899 ??!?!? Did that include a Hardshell Case as well?
I see a Hardshell Case, but didn't know if it came with it, or if that was extra.......

p.s. 1) Interesting observation; did not know that the early 60s Custom had the plastic
.........nut on them instead of the metal one.......................................................
.....2) Yeah, you gotta use that pic as your Avatar (nice guitar).... ;) .........................
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri May 09, 2008 9:25 am

Dennisthe Menace wrote:p.s. Interesting observation; did not know that the early 60s Custom had the plastic nut on them instead of the metal one..... ;)

That is not a nut, it is only a string guide. These guitars have the zero fret, which in reality 'is' the nut.
Danny Ellison

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 9:34 am

Yeah thats true it is a string guide. If you look at the red sparkle one on the Hallmark website it has a plastic one. And yeah it came with a brown gator vintage style case that is also awesome ! The only thing I wish they had done was made it a sidejack instead of mounting the jack on the pickguard. Dennis, what Mosrite models do you have and could you post some pictures ? And what kind of amps do you guys run yours through, I use a 67 Deluxe Reverb, a 70s Fender Twin or two Epiphone Valve Junior heads w/1x12 cabinets . For effects I use a Visual Sound Rt 66 overdrive/compressor, VS H2O Delay/Chorus , and a Danelectro French Toast fuzz box that can sound like a Mosrite Fuzzrite for the Ventures fuzz stuff.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 am

Tommy W wrote:Yeah thats true it is a string guide. If you look at the red sparkle one on the Hallmark website it has a plastic one. And yeah it came with a brown gator vintage style case that is also awesome ! The only thing I wish they had done was made it a sidejack instead of mounting the jack on the pickguard. Dennis, what Mosrite models do you have and could you post some pictures ? And what kind of amps do you guys run yours through, I use a 67 Deluxe Reverb, a 70s Fender Twin or two Epiphone Valve Junior heads w/1x12 cabinets . For effects I use a Visual Sound Rt 66 overdrive/compressor, VS H2O Delay/Chorus , and a Danelectro French Toast fuzz box that can sound like a Mosrite Fuzzrite for the Ventures fuzz stuff.

Oh oh...I smell a New Thread on the Horizon...... ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Fri May 09, 2008 10:58 am

:shock: Wow, Tommy. Looks like I should start gettin' together some scratch for a sunburst "back-up" to my Candy Apple Red.
Mine has a metal "string guide/nut" as well. When I ordered, Bob had very few 60 Customs left. I think all the bursts were gone. He has more coming late summer, and a new color: red, white and blue sparkle.
I'm not in a position to do any gigging right now, which is too bad, because I would love to really put this guitar thru its paces. I'm playing in the house with an early silver face Vibro Champ, Fender '63 RI Reverb Tank, EH Deluxe Memory Man, old red Dynacomp, and occasionally a Sanner Fuzzrite. Waiting in the wings is a TS-9. Also have a Blues Deluxe that I'll crank up for the neighborhhod occasionally. It's a left-over from the blues rock band I played in from '90 to '98.

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 10:59 am

By the way I spoke to Bob Shade on the phone after I got my custom 60 and he said he had thought about making a bass version . I asked him if he could make a doubleneck version with a octave neck on top and he said he had thought about that too !

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”