Hallmark 60's Custom

jtarbutn

Re: Hallmark 60's Custom-new case

Postby jtarbutn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Just got my new case the other day. I must say, they are NICE! Very luxurious. Just right for protecting such a fine instrument. Thanks, Bob.
Gear:
Hallmark 60 Custom Three-tone burst
Hallmark 60 Custom Candy Apple Red
Wilson Brothers VM-65 Black Sparkle
Line 6 Spider IV 120 w/shortboard
Line 6 Pocket Pod

Hydra19
Valued Member

Re: Hallmark 60's Custom

Postby Hydra19 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 am

i keep mine out all the time, so I can see that sunset sparkle, it's along a sunburst Jaguar, sunburst Les Paul and trans amber les paul, and it stands out. When I show pics of my guitars, i get, oh what's that green guitar?

It has a unique sound, even unplugged, that my friend noticed, the notes don't seem to jump out but bloom, it's hard to describe in words. I've put 9's on it, lowered the bridge and put a bit of relief in the neck, plays really good. I was playing it all night and it works for blues too!

Now, I'm a Ventures freak, and I got this to cure off my gas for a real Mosrite - it didn't work, I still want one but I'm not getting rid of this one! I guess the mosrite will be the one in a case, and this will be the one out all the time.

I like to look, I wish it had more of a top carve, but that's about it. I put in the sun for a day, and put some nice cleaner and polish - beautiful!

BRRanger
Top Producer

Re: Hallmark 60's Custom

Postby BRRanger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am

Well, I guess we're back to the question of buying guitars sight unseen! I have purchased 3 Mosrites on ebay sight unseen and was very happy with the condition of all, also just bought a Ventures 6 string CAR from one of the guys in the forum and am happy with that also. Maybe buying from the forum is the best idea, I think I'd feel more comfortable buying from someone with the same interests...same experience with buying "orphan" cars.
Scott

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”