Hi-Fidelity Humbucker on my JR!

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Hi-Fidelity Humbucker on my JR!

Postby MarkyKobane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm

I will get the neck pickup soon too. Originally I was sent a black flat-face to match, but I wanted the poles to show. Unfortunately they were out of black, but the white is growing on me.

jfine
Top Producer

Re: Hi-Fidelity Humbucker on my JR!

Postby jfine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 am

So how does it sound?

mark1
Top Producer

Postby mark1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

I think the white pickup looks great! It gives the guitar some contrast now with black ,white & chrome! It kinda brakes up the all black guard. If you can, put up a pic when the other pu is on.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm

I like the contrast too Marky. I think it will look great with the other Hi Fidelity HB in white.

Here is another look.

By the way, we can coil tap the humbuckers with a push pull single double split for a variety of tones for a minor up charge.

These guitars are in stock.

Bob

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Postby MarkyKobane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:10 pm

I will be recording with this guitar soon and I will post a link so you can hear how it sounds. I agree with the white giving it more contrast. I saw that red H2 on Gvibe. Very Cool! Thanks again Bob and the gang!

timmat

Postby timmat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 pm

MarkyKobane wrote:I will get the neck pickup soon too. Originally I was sent a black flat-face to match, but I wanted the poles to show. Unfortunately they were out of black, but the white is growing on me.

Sweet guitar with hums on a JR model. I think a great extension of the JR models would be humbucker versions.

The white JR model could have the bridge in black w/ exposed pole pieces (ala Johnny's single coil). The neck humbucker could have a silver flat cover (no pole pieces). It would give a full nod to Johnny's guitar, but with humbuckers.

Add pull pots for coil splitting combined with the wider neck on the Hallmarks, and you'd have a super playable, very versatile guitar, but keeping the Johnny spirit.

The blue model with that very recognizable bottom plate could have both humbuckers with flat black (no pole pieces) covers, more like Johnny's blue.

Those would rock.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”