Greg_L
Top Producer

Re: Another new 60 Custom owner here!

Postby Greg_L » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 am

Me and my 60 Custom powerchording! :P

Imre

Postby Imre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 am

Thank You Greg, we are trying to achieve as authentic sound as possible for Shadows and Ventures tunes.
But first of all many thanks again for Bob producing these wonderful guitars.
I think I am the very first owner of a real Ventures style guitar here in Hungary.

Regards,
Imre

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

How about a snapshot Imre?

Imre

Postby Imre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 am

Dear Bob!

I tried, but could not attach a picture about our concert.
How can I attach photos?

Thank you for your answer.

Imre

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello Imre!

Try this, go to : www.photobucket.com and sign up for image hosting. Then upload the image to the photbucket site. It is very easy. Then copy the script which you will see there, and paste it in your Mosrite Forum reply page and you are golden.

If you can't get it, you can e-mail me the picture and I will post it for you.

Best, Bob

Imre

Postby Imre » Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

Dear Bob, this is my first try uploading a picture, I hope it works:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Tarka ... 0.jpg.html

Greetings: Imre

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Imre!

You almost have done it! Now if you click on the IMG tab it will copy your image, then you can paste it in the forum page and it will come to life!

Good work, I know it is difficult at first.

Bob

Hydra19
Valued Member

Postby Hydra19 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 am

Congrats!

I got one just like yours a year ago, although mine is a bit lighter on the dark green and doesn't have the stamped pickups. I was also on the Fender/ Gibson camp, also have a Les Paul but a Jaguar instead of a Strat. After a year of owning it, it has become my most played guitar. They all have a unique sound but the Hallmark is even more special. A lot of my friends even commented that it has a special sound even unplugged.

It does have a few finish imperefections but they're not noticable, I've only noticed as I've stared at this guitar so long, and have felt it with my hand but overall it's a great playing and sounding guitar, and nothing about it bothers me at all. I've found it great for the Ventures/ 60's stuff I play but with an overdrive pedal it sounds great too, I've played both Ramones and some Guns n Roses and it was great, tried it with a crunchbox, nice and trebly. I love this guitar, so not sure how I would honestly rate it out of 10 if I was less prejudiced, but it would probably start off from 7 or 8 based on the feel and sound.

I've changed the pickups for M-3 californias as I wanted to 'get closer to the Mosrite' sound, but I've never played a Mosrite so what do I know? The stocks pickups sounded great too, and maybe even better for overdrive, but I don't play that much any more.

How do you like the setup? Strings? It came perfectly setup with 10s, but I changed them to nickel 9's. I've always tinkered with my setups and thinking the Hallmark could feel even better I decided to start from the beginning about 2 weeks ago, I lowered the bridge as low as it would go thinking I'd raise it until it sounds good, but I strummer an A barre and it rang out, needed a lighter touch but there wasn't necessarily any buzzing! Tuned it, played some more and found it's even better for the Nokie riffs but is a bit limited to that sound. I was amazed that I could lower the bridge as low as it would go and still have it sounding great! The pickups and pots are a little more responsive too! So I've pretty much left it like that and played it every day for the last couple of months. Stays in tune great too

Congratulations once again, I think you'll love that color, I'm glad I got the sunset sparkle and not the fire sparkle I wanted, this guitar has gotten me nothing but compliments from girls, friends, and a couple of techs. Found it to be very versatile but don't show it off too much. In the year I've owned it, it has helped me open up a different playing style because of the neck, and as mentioned elsewhere, Bobs responsiveness and helpful advice has made even more a great experience as there is not so much info on the technical parts of the pickups and setups. So, enjoy it! It looks great on you and I bet it sounds great too!

Next up for me from Hallmark is probably the Nu Fuzz, would love to have a pedal affiliated with this guitar, if I manage to score the green color that'll be even cooler!

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Tue May 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Hydra19 wrote:Congrats!

I got one just like yours a year ago, although mine is a bit lighter on the dark green and doesn't have the stamped pickups. I was also on the Fender/ Gibson camp, also have a Les Paul but a Jaguar instead of a Strat. After a year of owning it, it has become my most played guitar. They all have a unique sound but the Hallmark is even more special. A lot of my friends even commented that it has a special sound even unplugged.

It does have a few finish imperefections but they're not noticable, I've only noticed as I've stared at this guitar so long, and have felt it with my hand but overall it's a great playing and sounding guitar, and nothing about it bothers me at all. I've found it great for the Ventures/ 60's stuff I play but with an overdrive pedal it sounds great too, I've played both Ramones and some Guns n Roses and it was great, tried it with a crunchbox, nice and trebly. I love this guitar, so not sure how I would honestly rate it out of 10 if I was less prejudiced, but it would probably start off from 7 or 8 based on the feel and sound.

I've changed the pickups for M-3 californias as I wanted to 'get closer to the Mosrite' sound, but I've never played a Mosrite so what do I know? The stocks pickups sounded great too, and maybe even better for overdrive, but I don't play that much any more.

How do you like the setup? Strings? It came perfectly setup with 10s, but I changed them to nickel 9's. I've always tinkered with my setups and thinking the Hallmark could feel even better I decided to start from the beginning about 2 weeks ago, I lowered the bridge as low as it would go thinking I'd raise it until it sounds good, but I strummer an A barre and it rang out, needed a lighter touch but there wasn't necessarily any buzzing! Tuned it, played some more and found it's even better for the Nokie riffs but is a bit limited to that sound. I was amazed that I could lower the bridge as low as it would go and still have it sounding great! The pickups and pots are a little more responsive too! So I've pretty much left it like that and played it every day for the last couple of months. Stays in tune great too

Congratulations once again, I think you'll love that color, I'm glad I got the sunset sparkle and not the fire sparkle I wanted, this guitar has gotten me nothing but compliments from girls, friends, and a couple of techs. Found it to be very versatile but don't show it off too much. In the year I've owned it, it has helped me open up a different playing style because of the neck, and as mentioned elsewhere, Bobs responsiveness and helpful advice has made even more a great experience as there is not so much info on the technical parts of the pickups and setups. So, enjoy it! It looks great on you and I bet it sounds great too!

Next up for me from Hallmark is probably the Nu Fuzz, would love to have a pedal affiliated with this guitar, if I manage to score the green color that'll be even cooler!

Thanks a lot. I think I've seen your youtube vid maybe?

I like the setup. It's a little high for my tastes, but not too much so. I've already changed the strings 3 or 4 times now. I typically use plain ol Ernie Ball regulars 10-46. Bob Shade made me customized pickup to suit my more punk sound and style. Overall I'm very happy with the guitar. It looks great, plays great, and most importantly sounds great. It gets attention. People that don't know jack about guitars stop and look at it. It's like functional art. :D

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Me and my 60C making some eardrums bleed.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”