'59 Custom and Bass Updates?

vibramute
Top Producer

'59 Custom and Bass Updates?

Postby vibramute » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:47 am

Bob...I'm dying here. You mentioned a run of '59 Customs would be available several months back. I've heard nothing, please tell us they didn't sell out already? If they are yet to me made, is the 3-tone suburst as offered on the 60C an option for the 59C? I think they will look much better/authentic with a 3 tone burst.

Also, the basses....what is the ETA? Hoping for a single pickup in candy blue ;)

Sorry to nag, but I've been GAS'ing for too long!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: '59 Custom and Bass Updates?

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 am

Thanks for writing and opps, sorry for the info delay!

Yes we have 59 Customs available again at this time all in 3 tone burst like on the Hallmark website. The basses are also in stock in both 60 Custom and 63 Custom.

The 60's are dual pickup and bolt neck in Pearl White, Fire Sparkle and Three Tone Burst.

The 63's are single pick up (neck) with a set neck and side jack. Colors are Three Tone Burst and Sky Blue. ( See Ventures Knock Me Out LP for blue comparison)

We will have pic's of all of these up on the website in the next several weeks.

If you would like to order any of these at this time please e-mail or call for payment info.

Thanks and sorry again for the delay in info. If anyone would like a quick pic of any one of these just shout.

Best reverbs,

Bob
hallmarkguitars@verizon.net
240-473-1157

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 pm

woooohooo!

Email sent :D

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Postby MarkyKobane » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Get on that and post pics Bob! I need some new "material" if you know what I mean! :lol:

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 pm

I hope Bob doesn't mind me sharing these awesome pics...here she is, the stunning sky blue 63 Custom! :D

Gorgeous, but I'm leaning toward a custom order with a Candy Blue paint job.

When Bob Shade first talked about these basses being released, the topic of Bob Bogle's bass from the WDR64/Knock Me Out LP cover came up. I requested "Bogle Blue" as a color choice. Bob said Sky Blue is the color and while I don't doubt his expertise, I maintain Bogle's bass was sort of a medium ink blue metalic (and one of only a very few sprayed that color...possibly even a one off). Candy Blue will have to be close enough.

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm

BTW....just ordered a '59 Custom!!! 8-)

I missed out on the original '59 run and was pretty gutted about it. I bugged Bob (sorry Bob) for years to do another run as the pre Venture/Original Maphis is a 'grail' guitar for me and the '59 Custom is a wonderful hommage to the original.

Thank you again Bob and I'll definitely be ordering a custom color '63 bass soon-ish!

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Congratulations on the '59 Custom! That bass is really sharp too. It's hard to tell what color Bob's bass was from the Knock Me Out photo with the glare, but I always thought it was a darker blue as well. I thought it looked more like this one, pulled from the Japanese website with the serial number list:

More on the website:
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mosrite/the-ventures/english/e_mosrite_guitars.html
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:45 pm

That's definitely the color (or really really close) of the bass on 'Knock Me Out' Mel.

Hey Bob, wanna take a wack at replicating that color for me?

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

The glare on the headstock of the 'Knock Me Out' bass makes it appear light blue but I'm 99.9% sure the 'Knock Me Out' bass is the same Bob is holding on the cover of 'WDR '64'. Clearly a medium-ish ink blue:

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Upon first glance the 'Knock Me Out' bass definitely would appear a light/sky blue, however looking at how washed out the Ventures/Mosrite logo is due to glare, there is no way it's an accurate representation of the color...heck, if Don's guitar and Bob's bass were switched under those lights, I bet people would mistake the strawberry red guitar guitar for pink!

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”