Any Hallmark fans ever play an M3?

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Any Hallmark fans ever play an M3?

Postby MarkyKobane » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:48 pm

I saw the Nebulas new guitars. They look pretty cool, but not as cool as a Hallmark. I like the Shade trem much more. I was just curious if anyone has ever played both and how they compare? Don't worry Bob, I will never switch, I am branded with the tattoo. Kind of a dumb question, but just curious!

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Any Hallmark fans ever play an M3?

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:14 pm

I've played and owned both. You can't really compare them. The Hallmarks are factory guitars, well designed, well built, and a good value for the money. What you get is a Mosrite style guitar with some modern features - the wider neck and potted pickups being the main changes. If that's what you want, no need to look any further. The M3s are custom, hand built guitars. Hand made bodies, hand made necks, hand made pickups, and a lot of hand made hardware. Because of that you can get exactly what you want. For instance, I wanted a semi-solid Mark I with three pickups, a thin/narrow vintage style neck with speed frets, and that's exactly what I got. Of course, Hallmark has custom building options as well, but I assume you're talking about the factory guitars.

It's definitely possible to be very happy with either guitar. It's not a competition. We as Mosrite fans benefit from the success of both companies.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Postby MarkyKobane » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Ahhh, I get it. Totally understand. Makes sense! Thanks!

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 am

I've had an M-3 on order for over a year. I can't really comment until I have it in my hands, but I hope it meets my expectations. They definitely know Mosrite pickups and how to nail that sound, I'll give 'em that.

I own a trio of Hallmarks, and have 2 more on my bucket list. What I am most impressed with is they are production guitars that play like much more expensive instruments. Probably the best bang for the buck if you're into surf, roots, punk, are a Mosrite nut or just have a flare for retro and want to stand out from the Fender-Gibson-Gretsch crowd.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”