G string issues on C60?

Hydra19
Valued Member

G string issues on C60?

Postby Hydra19 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 am

Has anyone else had the G string go off on these guitars? It seems it sounds good only for the 1st week or so and then there is a buzz. The action is high enough, but now the fretted note is sharp. I cannot play an E chord and have it in tune if the fretted note is in tune. My bridge also has a screw longer than the rest so on one side you can have the plastic washer with space, or on the other, the metal washer, so either of those would buzz. Then, the G saddle is stuck, and has been for 6 months, so the G string goes out of tune very easily, and it hardly sounds right anyway, since the pitches changes from chord to chord.

Any help or suggestions? I've been looking for a replacement bridge but since the Hallmark radius is different than Mosrites, I can't find a bridge that would fit. I've written to Hallmark twice about this, but they don't have any spare bridges in stock.

The problem is I'm getting a real Mosrite, and have too many guitars, so need to sell one but I really like the Hallmark and would rather it gets the G string issue sorted. But it does play the worst out of all my guitars purelt because of this G string issue and I'm not sure if it's the guitar, my setup or something else? It sounds good, and otherwise plays fine apart from the G string.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: G string issues on C60?

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:18 am

I am sure we can get your G string sorted out, this is usually an easy fix. I will PM you with instructions.

Bob

pillof

Postby pillof » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Bob,

Would you mind PM the G string fix to me as well? I have the similar problem too. Thanks!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:44 am

Sure thing, stand by.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”