New Hallmark "Red Baron" model guitar for 2015!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

New Hallmark "Red Baron" model guitar for 2015!

Postby Bob Shade » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 am

Hello friends on the Mosrite forum,

Here at Hallmark I have been working on this guitar for a good while now, and we are now ready to introduce it to you.

This guitar can provide you anything tone wise from our staple Hallmark tones we are known for, as well as coil tap single tones and raging humbucking tones too. Clean to nasty, it has it all. This Red Baron guitar just got a super "rave" review in the 2015 March issue of Guitar Player magazine winning the GP "Editors Pick" over Fender. (Sorry Leo) So you know in advance this guitar is no wall hanger. It is even comfortable and balanced in a sitting down playing position.

For many years the shape of this guitar has meant many things, from the Red Baron's trusty logo, the Surfers Cross, and now is considered a legendary shape among "Hot Rod" enthusiasts too.

Here is a little insight on how the Hallmark Red Baron guitar came about:

When I was at events promoting the Hallmark Wing-Bat guitar with George Barris a few years ago, George introduced me to Bob Larivee whom I came to find out was the man responsible for making the real Red Baron show car when I was just a little boy in the late 60's.

My father took me to the Rod and Custom show when I was 10 years old at the DC Armory and the featured car on display was the Red Baron show car! I will never forget the excitement I felt when I was standing 2 feet away from the awesome hot rod. All the chrome, metallic paint, giant slicks and mag wheels..........it had it all. It was larger than life to me and was always my favorite after that day. (I still have the post card my Dad purchaed for me at the event)

Bob Larivee said to me at the Canada show about 2013 "when are we going to have a Red Baron guitar Bob"? I could not believe he asked me that. Was I dreaming? Well, I guess it was a fair question.

So I decided to make some sketches going with my friend Les Godfrey who is a master at drawing, as well as a master luthier too and the rest you see now is history. I created a guitar to go along with the Red Baron show car theme.

There will be only 50 of these Hallmark Red Baron guitars produced and that's it! A very limited edition! The guitar will come with a special red leather case with the Red Baron logo in gold on the exterior. Swank!

There will also be a certificate of authenticity signed by Bob Larrive and myself, Bob Shade from Hallmark Guitars.

We will be debuting the Red Baron guitar March 6th through the 8th in Detroit at Cobo Hall for the Autorama show. We are also working on a spread for Hot Rod Kustom Kulture Deluxe with the original show car and the guitar. If anyone lives in the Detriot area, come on down and join the fun. I will have an amp there too for demo's.

So we hope you don't miss out on the fun! To get yours simply log onto
http://hallmarkguitars.com/guitars/red-baron.shtml

BTW, who had the Monogram model?? Chime in...

Thanks for looking,

Best and thanks, Bob Shade/ Hallmark Guitars

Hallmark shop line: 240-473-1157

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Re: New Hallmark "Red Baron" model guitar for 2015!

Postby MarkyKobane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Darn! So close to Chicago and I'm recording a band from Detroit those same dates!

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Postby SanchoPansen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 am

Really nice design and very unique. The problem with the iron cross is that it is impossible to take it to public where I live.
While it is not strictly forbidden like swastikas, it still represents a symbol that is associated with the third reich.
I guess I'd get in serious trouble if I'd play it at a gig.
Different story in the US, right?

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:11 am

SanchoPansen wrote:Really nice design and very unique. The problem with the iron cross is that it is impossible to take it to public where I live.
While it is not strictly forbidden like swastikas, it still represents a symbol that is associated with the third reich.
I guess I'd get in serious trouble if I'd play it at a gig.
Different story in the US, right?

Ha, yeah. No one bats an eye at an Iron Cross around here. I think more people might associate the Red Baron with Snoopy's fantasy enemy than any nazi reference. :D

Cool guitar, Bob. Thanks for keeping these awesome oddities alive.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:48 am

Cool guitar Bob, I saw it on your website a week or two ago and was awaiting more news. Like you, I remember when the Red Baron show car was introduced to the public, I even had the 1/25th scale model but for some reason the completed model disappeared and now I only have the exhaust and other small parts left...can't remember what happened to that model I built!
I'm looking forward to adding the Red Baron guitar to my collection, It will look great hanging next to my Wing Bat! As I don't have any gigs coming up in Germany....or anywhere else for that matter, I'd have no problem playing it in public. Keep those great ideas coming...an Edsel guitar??!! Just a thought.
Scott

FritzCat
Top Producer

Postby FritzCat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:35 am

I had the plastic model! I think that car was probably the only hot rod to use the Pontiac OHC 6 cylinder for the engine. These guys definitely need this guitar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXA0ZXrvQiA

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 am

@ Fritz...
And you're watching KOFY Creepy Movie for the music, right? (sorry others...Bay Area reference)
Scott

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Hey guys, thank you for the feedback on the Red Baron.

Marky, man I wish you were able to come, I understand though, you have work to do.

Fritz, yes you are correct about the engine, good eye. Man that band is a riot! Does anyone know how to reach them?

Scott, wow, thanks! Let me know if you want to put a depo on one, I have no idea how long these will last.

Right on Greg!

Best and thanks, Bob

FritzCat
Top Producer

Postby FritzCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:59 am

Thanks, I think he may like to know about it. Funny band!

Bob

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”