Hallmark Man or Astroman? model kit intonation advice

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Re: Hallmark Man or Astroman? model kit intonation advice

Postby SanchoPansen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Sounds very fishy...
So the guitar wasn't even packed in an extra box and the transport labels were directly attached to the guitar case?

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 am

SanchoPansen wrote:Sounds very fishy...
So the guitar wasn't even packed in an extra box and the transport labels were directly attached to the guitar case?

Right. That's not how my Hallmark came to me. My Hallmark came perfectly assembled, perfectly set up, in it's perfect case, inside of another box. All I had to do was open the box, open the case, and rock out.

This is a super weird story that just doesn't seem right. My own experiences with Bob and Hallmark have been fantastic, and it seems that everyone else has nothing but great things to say about them too.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:00 am

Fishy indeed,
Turgoslayer...how about if you went to your paypal account to see who the recepient of the payment was then share that with Bob? I'd bet it's different than the Paypal account address Hallmark uses. You might even file a claim with Paypal if it's not too late.
It's just a thought.
Scott

Torgoslayer

Postby Torgoslayer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:51 am

BRRanger wrote:Fishy indeed,
Turgoslayer...how about if you went to your paypal account to see who the recepient of the payment was then share that with Bob? I'd bet it's different than the Paypal account address Hallmark uses. You might even file a claim with Paypal if it's not too late.
It's just a thought.
Scott

I just did that and indeed it does look fishy. The paypal email doesn't match the company name and looks phony. Like I said, I've never bought a new guitar in the mail so I just went with it. I didn't know what to expect and in my emails with "Bob" he never said that the guitar was recieved incorrectly. He just dodged my concerns. It all makes sense now that I put it all on the table. I feel like such a tool. No shipping container, unassembled, missing parts, no reciept or paperwork, unplayable when put together even by a pro, numerous blems in the finish and hardware, no serial number that I can find (they SHOULD have one right?). I'm definitely not going any further with repairs then. I'm starting a fraud thing with paypal now and I'll post what I can as far as info so hopefully noone else gets jacked. sheesh...

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:05 am

This is a guitar that was purchased directly through Hallmark by Adam Baxter. It was completely assembled, set up with the same care and quality checks that we employ on every guitar that leaves the facility, and came with a certificate of authenticity among other goodies in the top of the line Hallmark silver alligator case. The case was then wrapped in a foam sleeve and duly wrapped then in clear plastic for protection from the climate before placing it in a Hallmark Guitars corrugated box with the label on the exterior just like every other Hallmark guitar that we ship.

In fact, if anyone were to contact us to purchase a neck or body the answer is always no. We are not in the kit business. Never have been and never will be.

As well, this is a signature model. What guitar company sells signature models that the customer has to assemble?

I would love to hear anyone chime in that has received their guitar in parts or having sent the guitar in no box with labels stuck to our top of line alligator case.

I would also welcome anyone of our thousands of customers to chime in on their experience of ordering a Hallmark guitar.

We are always ready to help our customers with any advise we can, even if the guitar was purchased second hand and not directly from us.

Adam, if you would like to contact me, I am always here to help. Feel free to call me at the shop so we can address your concerns and sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Bob Shade / Hallmark Guitars
240-473-1157

Torgoslayer

Postby Torgoslayer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Bob Shade wrote:This is a guitar that was purchased directly through Hallmark by Adam Baxter. It was completely assembled, set up with the same care and quality checks that we employ on every guitar that leaves the facility, and came with a certificate of authenticity among other goodies in the top of the line Hallmark silver alligator case. The case was then wrapped in a foam sleeve and duly wrapped then in clear plastic for protection from the climate before placing it in a Hallmark Guitars corrugated box with the label on the exterior just like every other Hallmark guitar that we ship.

In fact, if anyone were to contact us to purchase a neck or body the answer is always no. We are not in the kit business. Never have been and never will be.

As well, this is a signature model. What guitar company sells signature models that the customer has to assemble?

I would love to hear anyone chime in that has received their guitar in parts or having sent the guitar in no box with labels stuck to our top of line alligator case.

I would also welcome anyone of our thousands of customers to chime in on their experience of ordering a Hallmark guitar.

We are always ready to help our customers with any advise we can, even if the guitar was purchased second hand and not directly from us.

Adam, if you would like to contact me, I am always here to help. Feel free to call me at the shop so we can address your concerns and sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Bob Shade / Hallmark Guitars
240-473-1157

This is just bizarre. I DID contact you several times and you never acknowledged this or that there was anything wrong with what i received. It was only after I brought this (what I thought was a different issue) to a public forum did you claim to send something OTHER than what I got. I told you what i got and what i was having trouble with and you told me to try new strings, and then that you were stumped. But not once did you say that it wasn't supposed to be that way.

jfine
Top Producer

Postby jfine » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:56 pm

This sounds really strange. I ordered a 60 Custom in 2010 (could have been late-2009, I received the guitar in early 2010). At the time, Bob was out of cases, so I asked him not to ship it without a case. During the waiting period, a new color was announced (Surf Pearl), and Bob allowed me to change my order from Sunburst to Surf Pearl, no hassle, no extra charge. It came fully assembled, of course--I'm not handy enough to build a kit. Bob even added a leather washer to the vibrato arm attachment per my request, to keep it from loosening up (a cool mod; I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't like a spinning vibrato arm)...five years later it's still tight. Again, no charge. There's no mention of kits, or indeed any parts other than bridges, tailpieces, and pickups on the official Hallmark website. Something's really not kosher with that kit!

SASouth

Postby SASouth » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:45 pm

I just recently bought a beautiful Fire Burst 60 Custom through the Hallmark website and it arrived in perfect condition. It was shipped nicely boxed in its hard shell case. It even arrived sooner than I expected!

Every question or communication that I had with Bob and his staff was met with a friendly and professional response. My experience with Hallmark's customer service was nothing short of excellent.

My kudos go to Hallmark for producing a top quality guitar at an affordable price. I love my 60 Custom and I would buy one again for sure. In fact, I just may buy another one in the not too distant future. :D

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Postby MarkyKobane » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:38 am

Sounds like someone is a little coo coo. And I know it isn't Bob. I'm sorry you have to deal with this Bob.

josheboy13

Postby josheboy13 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 pm

I bought a MoAM Hallmark a few months back and had ZERO issues. It was a complete guitar already set up and fully functional. Bob was awesome to deal with and I've never seen anyone on SG101, MosriteForum, or OffsetGuitar boards have any issues dealing with him.

Sounds like OP got scammed or is trying to scam. :(

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”