My new Hallmark 60 Custom

Les Fradkin

My new Hallmark 60 Custom

Postby Les Fradkin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Well here's my review. I just played this axe at my latest show in California. The sound wipes the floor with a Mosrite. It's got a bullish bridge pickup sound- aggressive with plenty of Midrange but also smooth treble. Did the whole show with this. The sound is so there. The feel- similar to a vintage Ventures Mosrite. The term is very stable as well.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: My new Hallmark 60 Custom

Postby 101Volts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Is this your first post? Please make a post in the Introduction section of the forum. Welcome, BTW. And thanks, maybe I'll have a Hallmark guitar some day.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 am

Welcome Les!
Scott

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 am

Les Fradkin wrote:Well here's my review. I just played this axe at my latest show in California. The sound wipes the floor with a Mosrite. It's got a bullish bridge pickup sound- aggressive with plenty of Midrange but also smooth treble. Did the whole show with this. The sound is so there. The feel- similar to a vintage Ventures Mosrite. The term is very stable as well.

I understand the Hallmarks also have a wider neck than a Mosrite which I think is a major plus. I know you have endorsed the Wilson Brothers guitars in the past. Is the Hallmark going to take over?

Les Fradkin

Postby Les Fradkin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Nokie wrote:
Les Fradkin wrote:Well here's my review. I just played this axe at my latest show in California. The sound wipes the floor with a Mosrite. It's got a bullish bridge pickup sound- aggressive with plenty of Midrange but also smooth treble. Did the whole show with this. The sound is so there. The feel- similar to a vintage Ventures Mosrite. The term is very stable as well.

I understand the Hallmarks also have a wider neck than a Mosrite which I think is a major plus. I know you have endorsed the Wilson Brothers guitars in the past. Is the Hallmark going to take over?

Well, the Hallmark is an outstanding guitar for my music. I suspect it will loom large in my sound.

Les Fradkin

Postby Les Fradkin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 pm

BRRanger wrote:Welcome Les!
Scott

Thank you Scott

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Les! Welcome to the forum, nice to see you here! It is so nice to have Les a super picker aboard with the Hallmark 60 Custom! I will be in touch with you when I return back in town Les to check in.

Surfs up Les!

Bob

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”