New Hallmark Man or Astro Man

Dickey

New Hallmark Man or Astro Man

Postby Dickey » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Just picked up a new Hallmark "Man or Astro Man" guitar, mainly because I didn't wanna take my original '65 Ventures Mosrite out on gigs; I was too nervous anytime anyone approached it. So I get this guitar & HOLY COW...I have owned nothing but vintage original or Custom Shop Fender & Gibsons for the best 40 years & I gotta say...the Hallmark beats them all hands down, including my Mosrite. The build quality, fit & finish, tuning stability & playability & tone is second to none. The MOAM is one gorgeous guitar; I am not crazy about the circuit board pickguard, & that's a small quibble, but gonna try & see if I can order a white or tortoise one. I don't understand how the "other guys" can ask many thousands for their guitars & Hallmark does it better for a grand. I have become an overnight Hallmark fan. Gonna try it onstage this week & can't wait.

BTW does anyone know how many MOAM guitars were made?

Gonkulator

Re: New Hallmark Man or Astro Man

Postby Gonkulator » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:48 am

Aren't they great?

If you message Bob Shade here or email him (hallmarkguitars@verizon.net) you'll be able to get a pickguard for it. Bob's great like that.

Tronman

Postby Tronman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:56 am

It looks an awful lot like a 65 Custom. I wonder what the differences are.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro III Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Guitar
Martin DM Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Bass

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Thank you for the nice note, and nice speaking to you on the phone. I suppose you have your guard by now, but if not it will be there anytime. There really is nothing different on the MOAM? guitar compared to the 65C other than the MOAM? guard, and badge and sliver alligator case with case candy. Otherwise it is a PW 65C! That is what Mr. Star Crunch likes.

Thanks again for the amazing review, I really appreciate it!

Bob Shade

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”