Hallmark Case Question

MozRite

Hallmark Case Question

Postby MozRite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 am

I can't find the answer to this even here so I thought I would pose the question. I have seen pictures of Hallmark cases that are not formed to the shape of the body and I have seen photos of those that are formed to the shape of the guitar. I think it was Mel, who is a member here, bought a Hallmark case for his Mosrite and he posted a photo and it looks like just a big open space where the body is rather than it being a it being shaped to the form of the guitar.

So my question is do they come in both, shaped to the form of the guitar and some just a big open space, or are the old cases just a big open space but new ones that are shaped to the body shape? I'm curious why I am seeing pictures of both.

Thanks,

James
1966 Mosrite Mark V
1969 Firstman Avenger Mark 1
2007 Fillmore Mosrite Mark 1
1964 Gretsch Country Club
1962 Kay Swingmaster
2003 Fender Jazzmaster AVRI
2015 Fender Classic Player '60s Strat
1999 Danelectro Mod 6
2002 Tokai Jumbo Acoustic

Dino Boreanaz

Re: Hallmark Case Question

Postby Dino Boreanaz » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:34 pm

I can't speak for all of them, but my Hallmark Johnny Ramone's case has interior padding that is formed to the body shape.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:08 pm

The first ones, without the Hallmark logo, were open cases; my later ones are molded to body shapes.
Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

MozRite

Postby MozRite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Thanks Dino and thanks Gatton for the information. I may buy one since they are contoured to the guitar now. I have a 1972 Mosrite Mark 1 that I need a case for. Well I don't' need one, I have a case that's big enough but it's not shaped to the guitar but is one big open space. I hear that the Hallmark cases fit the Mosrites. I'll double check with Bob Shade if I decide to get one. My local used guitar shop had a Hallmark 60 Custom used for sale a few months back. I should have brought it there and asked if I could try to fit it in the case just to know. The owner and I know each other so he'd let me do it had I asked.

Thanks guys!
1966 Mosrite Mark V
1969 Firstman Avenger Mark 1
2007 Fillmore Mosrite Mark 1
1964 Gretsch Country Club
1962 Kay Swingmaster
2003 Fender Jazzmaster AVRI
2015 Fender Classic Player '60s Strat
1999 Danelectro Mod 6
2002 Tokai Jumbo Acoustic

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 am

MozRite wrote:Thanks Dino and thanks Gatton for the information. I may buy one since they are contoured to the guitar now. I have a 1972 Mosrite Mark 1 that I need a case for. Well I don't' need one, I have a case that's big enough but it's not shaped to the guitar but is one big open space. I hear that the Hallmark cases fit the Mosrites. I'll double check with Bob Shade if I decide to get one. My local used guitar shop had a Hallmark 60 Custom used for sale a few months back. I should have brought it there and asked if I could try to fit it in the case just to know. The owner and I know each other so he'd let me do it had I asked.

Thanks guys!

Both my 65 Ventures and my 2013 Hallmark 60C have big open spaces. Both have neck support but neither is molded to the body of the guitar. The original Mosrite case allows a little moving around inside, but the Hallmark case, even being wide open, the guitar seems to stay put.

Dickey

Postby Dickey » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:16 pm

I have a '65 Mosrite Ventures Mark I & a Hallmark Classic 60. Both cases are form fit, & the guitars are interchangeable with the cases.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”