Oki...introduction time it is.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Oki...introduction time it is.

Postby ElTwang » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:37 am

Hi,

El Twang! here......surf'n'instro-guitarist in Copenhagen based band El Ray. I'm a big fan of Gretsch and Danelectro guitars. The only Fender I've ever really bonded with is my old 64'/65' Mustang. Last year I bought a VG+ 1967 Mosrite Combo and found out about all the craziness regarding Mosrite. Loved the guitar and looks but the feedback it produced was uncontrollable in a maxed-out reverb setting. So I traded it in for a Gretsch 6119 HT.

Anyways, I could easily see myself with a Mosrite Ventures/Mark 1 model and this forum could be a first step finding the right one. Also small forums tend to be good fun once you get to know people. We'll see.

Lars

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: Oki...introduction time it is.

Postby Desert Surfer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:34 am

ElTwang wrote:Hi,

El Twang! here......surf'n'instro-guitarist in Copenhagen based band El Ray. I'm a big fan of Gretsch and Danelectro guitars. The only Fender I've ever really bonded with is my old 64'/65' Mustang. Last year I bought a VG+ 1967 Mosrite Combo and found out about all the craziness regarding Mosrite. Loved the guitar and looks but the feedback it produced was uncontrollable in a maxed-out reverb setting. So I traded it in for a Gretsch 6119 HT.

Anyways, I could easily see myself with a Mosrite Ventures/Mark 1 model and this forum could be a first step finding the right one. Also small forums tend to be good fun once you get to know people. We'll see.

Lars

Welcome! Lars. Wow, surf band in Copenhagen. That's great!

Nice to meet with fellow Gretsch & Danelectro lovers (I have '61 & '62 Tennies and a '57 Dano U-1)

I almost bought a '67 Mosrite Joe Maphis V-2, but the feedback problem stopped me. The seller suggested to put a shield inside but I decided not go for it.

I love that movies from your country ; "Babette's Feast" (Babettes gæstebud) It is one of the best foreign films I have watached and collected in last 45 years.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 am

You have excellent taste in movies and guitars 8-)

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 am

Lars, welcome to the Mo' site. :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:28 am

Lars:

There are two old gentlemen (about my age) in Germany who love to play Ventures tunes. They are quite good. Check their Youtube out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/schanowski

I just invited them to join our form. Hope to see them here.

BTW, I am quite close to Nokie Edwards (lead guitarist of The Ventures in '60s). If you can arrange concerts in Demark, he maybe interested playing there. (PM me if you are interested. I am not Nokie's agent, just friend)

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:Lars:

BTW, I am quite close to Nokie Edwards (lead guitarist of The Ventures in '60s). If you can arrange concerts in Demark, he maybe interested playing there. (PM me if you are interested. I am not Nokie's agent, just friend)

We (El Ray) had the honour in 2002 to open for Nokie's show in Denmark. A fine night indeed!
The booker, Jan V. Povlsen, was a huge Ventures fan and did the whole thing although he probably lost quite some money on the arrangement. Sad news is Jan died from cancer in 2006 and I don't know of any that would be up for it.
Ever heard of that trip from Nokie?

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Wow, that's great! Did you meet with his wife, Judy?

Sorry, I did not hear about your concert in Demark but heard about the one in Holland with Adventures. (a DVD was released) If I see Nokie and Judy in Nashville in July (CAAS Event), I will ask them. (Nokie did not plan to attend this year but decided to go at the last minutes)

Sad to hear about Jan. :cry:

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:12 am

No, I didn't. I'm not sure she was travelling with him. AdVentures were there though. It was a fine night but poorly attended so maybe Nokie won't remember it as something special. There's a good chacnce he would know who Jan was.

Regarding Jan. He had a huge vinyl collection and some of it has been sold off. In a while we'll try to sell the rest online and the profits will go to the Danish Cancer Research Foundation. I'll post a link here when the stuff will be up for sale.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”