Hello

Bradley

Hello

Postby Bradley » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Everyone. I just found this forum and was excited to see it up and running. My name is Bradley and I live in PA. I play in a band called Pissed Jeans (http://subpop.com/artists/pissed_jeans) who play dirgy punk along the lines of Fang and Flipper. Probably a little different than mosts taste on here, but I'm also a huge ventures fan which got me into Mosrites. I currently play a 67 Mosrite (the Ventures model without the Ventures logo) which I love to death, but am a little afraid to play at shows so it's only broken out for special occasions. I also play a Japanese Fender Jaguar, Gibson SG Standard and Fender 72 Telecaster Reissue. Along with the Ventures I'm a huge fan of Davie Allan and surf music in general.

Looking forward to discussing mosrites and finding out new information. I already found out about the Ventures book through this forum which is awesome.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Re: Hello

Postby KRamone27 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey Bradley, welcome aboard. Finally another Punker to add to the group. Where in PA are you from? L8r, Kevin

Bradley

Postby Bradley » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey Kevin, I'm in the Lehigh Valley area about an hour north of Philly.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Bradley,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see someone come along that can keep Kevin company. :lol:

I listened to your music with my eyes closed and using every muscle in my brain to hear the orchestration of the music, It's hard for an old timer like me to find something musical in 'Punk', but I see light at the end of the tunnel. When I was a teenager everyone thought that the 'Rock & Surf' music our band played was the beginning of the end of the world. So, just because it isn't my favorite genre, I can appreciate all aspects of it.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey Bradley, welcome aboard. Finally another Punker to add to the group. Where in PA are you from? L8r, Kevin

Hey Kevin, I'm in the Lehigh Valley area about an hour north of Philly.

OK, this is kind of off Topic, but somewhere on another Thread, I had mentioned that
everyone joining should "actually fill-in" all the blanks (or at least some of them) when
joining the FORUM, and letting everyone know where they are from. This is REALLY KEWL
especially when we have someone from another Country joining! But yeah, it just makes more sense.
At least EVERYONE would have a better idea where everyone is located....in case a group
in your area might want to have a get together on the weekend for coffee, beer, jam session,
beer, a group project repair, beer, etc, etc, etc,.....and BEER :mrgreen:
No, all "seriousness" aside, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle, would it? I think it might
be kind of kewl........

Bradley, sorry for hijacking the thread, WELCOME to the Community. :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Good point, Dennis,

However, there is one other way to identified your whereabouts. When you register on the forum, or for those that are already registered members, just go to your profile and type in your location and hit the submit button. That is one of my peeves, I don't know where anyone is located when I corresponding with them on a public forum. I think someone is in the US, only to find they are in England or Spain or the Phillipines. It would definately put us all on the same sheet of music.
Danny Ellison

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:in case a group
in your area might want to have a get together on the weekend for coffee, beer, jam session,
beer, a group project repair, beer, etc, etc, etc,.....and BEER

I'm sorry if this the wrong thread to post this in but I think it would be a great idea if some how we could do a group build of a mosrite clone and auction it off on ebay or something and donate the proceeds to a charity like breast cancer research or autism awareness.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Oh.... and have a beer lol :lol:

JohnnySpitfire

Postby JohnnySpitfire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am

Hello Bradley
Your band are boss, i got Hope for men last year & love it. Also our label manager came to see you play in new york (brooklyn somewhere i think) round the start of the year & he said you were really good live.
Anyway pleased to make your aquaintence
JS

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:34 am

Welcome Bradley. Pissed Jeans is a great sounding band!! Have you been to Europe yet?
That owl t-shirt is darn cool also. PM me if you want to send me one 8-)

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”