Looking for advice on a 65 Mosrite

uhhuh

Looking for advice on a 65 Mosrite

Postby uhhuh » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Hello! I'm currently working in Kuwait, were I came across a 65 Mosrite Ventures Model. Its been well used and spray painted gold. But minus the tremolo arm, and input jack its all there. I've never taken on refurbishing something like this, and not really my style of guitar, but the thing looks cool and has a vibe. What kind of money would it take to have it properly painted and restored? I'm just stuck trying to figure if I'd be better off selling or trading it out to someone with the skills to do it justice. I've got a 2000 Strat, and a 81 dean Elite. Here is a link to the pictures. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks Steve

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/uhhuh1700/guitar/

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Looking for advice on a 65 Mosrite

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the world of Mosrite. Looking at the photo's, I'd jump on that in a heart beat. You can buy Fender's all day long, real Mosrite's are going to get scarce as hen's teeth as time progresses. Kinda like buying gold or investing in petroleum. Get the guitar and we'll talk you through restoration here on the forum.

So, tell us a little about yourself or your 'job' in Kuwait. Are you in the military, civilian employee or a musician looking for a over seas gig. :lol:
Danny Ellison

uhhuh

Postby uhhuh » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Well when I said "came across" I bought it, and brought it back home a couple of weeks ago. I work for a major chemical company, I'm in kuwait doing a startup of a new production unit. Was suppose to be a three month stay, three months have come and gone, now there telling us where we can purchase Christmas tree's. :shock:

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm

That's great that you bought it. You can get replacement parts from Bob Sade at Hallmark. He can provide a retrofit Mosrite vibrato arm, plus he sells other individual parts not mentioned on his website if you call him.

Sounds like your going back to Kuwait for another tour. If so, keep your head down and keep us informed of your progress. Will you have internet access there? For more information and discussions check out or 'project' forum. We'd be more than happy to work with you on your 'new' guitar.
Danny Ellison

uhhuh

Postby uhhuh » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Decieded that I've got to many project in the works allready put it up on e-bay 8-)

http://instruments.listings.ebay.com/Gu ... ngItemList

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Steve,didn't see it listed.....
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Steve,didn't see it listed.....

Here ya go......eBay

Steve , that's too bad you didn't give it a chance to restore it. It would have been a fun project. Hopefully someone will get it from here on the forum. Good luck!
Danny Ellison

uhhuh

Postby uhhuh » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:25 pm

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”