Desert Surfer

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Desert Surfer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon May 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi, everyone:

I have known Danny from the other forum and had the pleasure meeting him in person. I am also the lucky owner of the 1966 Mosrite restored by Danny. (I will share that story with everyone later)

Why named myself "Desert Surfer"? Well, currently I live in Chicago area (the capitol of the blues, but not too many people are in surf music) but I will move to Mojave Desert soon. And I love playing surf guitar solo especially those played by The Ventures.

I have been following The Ventures music since 1966 when I was just a teenage. I used a $2.00 cheap acoustic guitar to iminate Nokie Edwards' playing and had a lot fun. My love of playing their instrumentals never die down and the fever is still with me 42 years later.

I had never dreamed of owning a Mosrite when I was young, even Fenders were out of reach. My dream guitar at that time was a simple Teisco Mosrite copy. Although my dream was not fulfilled when I was young, that unique Ventures sound has always been in my heart.

I started collecting guitars 10-15 years ago and got seriously in the last few years. The guitars played by The Ventures became one of my main interests. I got myself a Japanese book called "Vintage Mosrites" which really spark my fever about Mosrites. I could not afford the real vintage Mosrites, so I got myself a Japanese Mosrite clone and was amazed with the quality and the unique sound. Thank to Danny, I finally owned a real vintage Mosrite last year....

Enough of the introduction... We will chat more later.

Let meet and hear from the other friends....

Desert Surfer

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Welcome to the 'new' Mosrite discussion forum

Postby dubtrub » Mon May 05, 2008 12:55 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:I am also the lucky owner of the 1966 Mosrite restored by Danny.

Hey Desert Surfer, does that photo of the Mosrite in my Avatar look familiar? ;)
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: Welcome to the 'new' Mosrite discussion forum

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Yeah, it sure does. Your baby is in good hand and is quite happy here with her friends.

SurfCat

Re: Desert Surfer

Postby SurfCat » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:42 am

Desert Surfer wrote:
I had never dreamed of owning a Mosrite when I was young, even Fenders were out of reach.

Man, I know what you mean.

SurfCat

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”