Hello from Bushers!!

Bushers
Valued Member

Hello from Bushers!!

Postby Bushers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm

After many years of being a Ventures fan, playing guitar badly as a kid, I have finally bought my first Mosrite! Spent a little over the odds I believe but the model is in great condition. I need to replace the rear tremelo piece as it is clearly not the original. It was obviously fabricated as a stop gap for the guy that was playing it a while back but now it's in my hands I want to restore it back to the original condition, this will mean making a totally new part from CNC and chroming. Problem I have is that I cant really find any pictures that truly give the information I need as most angles of this part are from the top down on the guitar, what I need to know is the thickness of the top part, the rest I can pretty much get from the piece I have.

I am from the UK, now living in Tulsa, OK (temp, maybe!) and a design engineer in the aviation industry. Fortunatly engineering issues like this enable me to use the knowledge I have to get around problems, plus the CAD software I use makes it real easy!

Take a look at the pics below, this shows what was on the guitar and why I want to replace it!!

The second picture would gauge me the right information, as views from the underside are never shown (for obvious reasons!) If anyone could take a snap to help me out it would be greatly appreciated, or give me a thickness dimension for the upper piece that the tremelo bolts through!!! :D

Lastly, a pic of my new purchase, its partly stripped and has since had a good clean that restored the true shine of the paint. Previously thought that this was just a badly faded white model but have since discovered that cream versions were also made...

Jason (Bushers)
1965 Ventures II Model ~ #B233

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Hello from Bushers!!

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Hello Bushers, Welcome to the forum. Always glad to have another Mosrite/Ventures fan join us.

P.S. I'm goin to copy this post to our :arrow: Projects and 'How to' Section in case others have a similar question. I responded to your question there.
Danny Ellison

MaxTib

Postby MaxTib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:45 am

Hello Bushers. Good to have someone else from the UK here - where abouts are you from?

Max

Bushers
Valued Member

Postby Bushers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 am

I'm from Southampton, on assignment in the US right now with the family.
Jason (Bushers)
1965 Ventures II Model ~ #B233

MaxTib

Postby MaxTib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:05 am

Ah, I'm from sunny Northampton. At least we got all the 'hamptons covered!

Hope the restoration goes well.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Welcome Bushers! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”