Another New Member

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Another New Member

Postby Mr. Bill » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi there! My name is Bill and I'm a guitaroholic.

I don't own a Mosrite right now, but have lusted after them ever since one Spring day back in 1966 (I think), when I went to my friend's house to see his brand new blue metalflake, Mosrite 12 string. Back in the day, I could never afford to buy a good one like a Ventures' model, but for a while there I did have a Combo.

I started working part time doing guitar and amp repairs at a local music store when I was in high school and have continued doing so on and off for nearly 40 years. Through the years I have been able to put together a collection a few guitars and amps, but I'm sure that it's nothing like what some of you guys have.

I once met Semie Mosley at a NAMM show and was quite impressed with his out-going personality. I still have the sell sheets and the Ventures pick buried somewhere around here.

In any case, I felt like this is a nice place to come to share information and opinion about a truly historic guitar line.

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Another New Member

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Bill, and Welcome.
The majority of the members here on this Forum are Guitaroholics, but we have at least
admitted that we suffer from this Disease, in which they tell us that's the first big step :roll: .
Guitaroholics is a fellowship of Men and Women who share their experience, strength and hope
with each other that may solve their common problem and help others to recover from G.A.S.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to admit to your weakness. There are no dues
or fees for Membership, we are self-supporting through our own contributions 8-) .
This Forum is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization, or institution,
does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses or opposes any other causes :shock: .
Our primary purpose is to share info with each other, and to achieve a learning experience.......
AND TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

.............Welcome Mr. Bill :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Welcome, Mr. Bill We are very happy that you can join us here. I am a guitar collector / hobbist player and know nothing about guitar tech especially Amps. Look forward to your input in the future :D .

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome.

Dennis: I've admitted my problem, but I'm not sure that I want to be cured! What do I do now?

Desert Surfer: I'm in Chicago too. Love your site, great collection of stuff. I'm hoping to add a real Venture's model someday. If I find one maybe you can advise me as to what to look for as far as authentication goes.

Thanks again, it's nice to meet you all.

Bill

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:20 pm

Mr. Bill wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome.

Dennis: I've admitted my problem, but I'm not sure that I want to be cured! What do I do now?

Desert Surfer: I'm in Chicago too. Love your site, great collection of stuff. I'm hoping to add a real Venture's model someday. If I find one maybe you can advise me as to what to look for as far as authentication goes.

Thanks again, it's nice to meet you all.

Bill

Sure thing, Bill. I thought I am the only one in Chicago. (I stay here most of time, but some time I go to my other house in Vegas area, especially in the winter) I am glad to know someone in blues town likes Surf music too.

Are you the gentleman I met at trade show two weeks ago?

Chicago Music Exchange in the city has quite a few vintage Mosrites. You may want to check them out. If I remember correctly, there were 4 sunburst '65-66 Ventures model. Their prices are kind of high though. Maybe you can negotiate better with Scott. :D

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:Are you the gentleman I met at trade show two weeks ago?

Chicago Music Exchange in the city has quite a few vintage Mosrites. You may want to check them out. If I remember correctly, there were 4 sunburst '65-66 Ventures model. Their prices are kind of high though. Maybe you can negotiate better with Scott. :D

No, we have never met as far as I know.

In general, the prices that Scott charges are way too rich for my pocketbook.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Just in case you have not heard of Chicago Music Exchange, here is their website:

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/

It may be one of the largest guitar stores in the US after Ed Roman closed their Super Store. It looks more like a law firm than a guitar store. They have 3-4 very nice private testing rooms. You can test the guitar there. Buyer beware though. even a $49 imported guitar sounds pretty good with their $2000 Amp. :roll:

If you come to Chicago, it is a cool place to visit. (Danny, if you and Donna come to Chicago, we will spend some time there while Donna and Michele go shopping on Michigan Ave. :P )

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”