Hello from Los Angeles and a STOLEN Mosrite

RobertMune

Hello from Los Angeles and a STOLEN Mosrite

Postby RobertMune » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello fellow Mosrite lovers,

My name is Robert Mune and I have been playing Mosrite for 20 years. I have two 1967 no logo Ventures models, a 12 string Combo (also from 1967) and until recently I owned a beautiful Filmore Ventures model in aquamarine with white scratch plate and pickup covers. I had exchanged its rough aluminum cast vibramute with a NOS 1967 (again!) genuine USA production Mosrite tremolo. I had also swapped out its tuners for locking Kluson style Gotohs and fitted strap locks. The guitar carries the serial number of 4277 stamped into its rosewood fingerboard. This was my main guitar. I took it to England (where I was born) a few years ago for a tour. I left it in the safekeeping of my elderly parents so I would avoid the risk of traveling with guitars.
The guitar was recently stolen by 'Suzy', their gardener (I know this is getting bizarre!), the police say that they can do nothing despite Suzy boasting that she has it. There is no reason to think she plays, so it will at some point it will get sold on.
My hope is that seeing how rare Mosrites are in general, and how specific my description is of my one, that if one of the forum members hears about my stolen guitar I would very much appreciate a tip off.
Quite apart from its excellence as an instrument it was a gift from my wife and I am feeling quite heartbroken.

Thank you,

Robert Mune

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”