Revival of the Forum

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Revival of the Forum

Postby 101Volts » Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:

Sarah, I'm not sure if I ever looked at the serial number lists you compiled for the Celebrity models. Could you please post them in the Vintage Instruments section?

- Austin

Oh boy! That will take a minute. I have over 500 serial numbers collected on Celebrities.

Oh. Gosh. They're not in a notepad file? Darn. Yeah, it also took me a long while to work on the lists that I've worked on.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:30 am

101Volts wrote:
Sarah93003 wrote:

Sarah, I'm not sure if I ever looked at the serial number lists you compiled for the Celebrity models. Could you please post them in the Vintage Instruments section?

- Austin

Oh boy! That will take a minute. I have over 500 serial numbers collected on Celebrities.

Oh. Gosh. They're not in a notepad file? Darn. Yeah, it also took me a long while to work on the lists that I've worked on.

- Austin

No, I have a folder on my desktop which contains folders for each Celebrity I find. Each folder contains all of the photos I can download for the guitar and notes I make concerning it. Since I began collecting the information in 2010 I will occasionally run across the same guitar again. I will create a sub folder with newly collected photos in case things have changed. That actually happens more than one might think. I've seen guitars that were complete in 2010 and a few years later they are missing the pickguard. Or, Gibson Dependable has dismantled it and sold the parts on eBay.

For the time being my priority should be to rebuild my Celebrity website. I will have all of the serial numbers I've collected listed there and from there we can then transfer the information here.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:36 pm

GattonFan wrote:Let’s do it!
To all who may read this: Danny recently made an appeal for new members, but wouldn’t it be great for those of us who formerly supported this forum to have a revival of interest and renew our acquaintances. This was a place populated by people who not only loved Mosrites, but also a place of great civility toward its members. We had builders, band members, aficionados, restores, amp experts, and some great conversation. I’d love to see that kind of revival here.

dubtrub wrote:Sounds good to me.

Greg_L wrote:I'm not much, but I'm still here. I never lost interest. :lol:

dave m wrote:I love this forum. Got my 68 combo ten years ago and knew nothing about it. Thanks to you guys I can research any questions that I need answered. Recently I took it in for a refret and patiently waiting for its return. This forum is an huge source of information and I check it every day. Thanks for making this possible.

Sarah93003 wrote:I'm in! A little update. I retired last year and moved to Central Florida. I still have my Mosrite Celebrity domain name but the site has to be rebuilt from scratch. The previous host just disappeared and all of the stuff I had went with it. Through the wayback machine I recovered the text. Godaddy did something to my email and they all disappeared. Dang it!

I've been helping my cousin wind down her law practice and at the same time creating a new business call US Women's Shooting Academy. Yeah, yeah I know that doesn't sound like I retired but it isn't work for me. I really enjoy teaching people how to shoot. https://uswomensshootingacademy.com/

Also, I don't discriminate and will teach men as well.

I'm between bands I guess. Actually, I haven't been in a band since 2014 when I injured my back but it's been mended and time to get back into the music scene.

This is a great forum with a ton of information that should be preserved. I will commit to popping in as often as I can to say howdy! We might want to reach out to everyone on the Mosrite Owners Facebook page and invite them to participate here.

Well, Mel promoted me to Admin since I volunteered to be a Moderator, and I'm overseeing the forum. You may now post without the anti-spam measure blocking you regardless of how long you've been a member, and I have also opened registration - but not to the automatic process. I have to manually approve each new member.

So far, I've had registration open for about 2 weeks. Only one new member has made a post in that time, but perhaps I should have been sending private messages to each new member as I approved their memberships - I'm not sure how many new members are aware that I approved them, unless they asked me over Facebook messenger first.

The newest member who posted is beatcomber, who has made an introduction thread, and he has a few questions about an early 1970s V-I model that he is thinking of buying:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8173

- Austin

beatcomber

Postby beatcomber » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:34 pm

The newest member who posted is beatcomber, who has made an introduction thread, and he has a few questions about an early 1970s V-I model that he is thinking of buying:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8173

- Austin

Thank you, Austin!

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:59 am

Awesome! It may be worthwhile to post on the Mosrite Facebook page. I don't know how many members there are, but I would think they would be interested in the enormous amount of information in this forum.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

beatcomber

Postby beatcomber » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:39 am

Sarah93003 wrote:Awesome! It may be worthwhile to post on the Mosrite Facebook page. I don't know how many members there are, but I would think they would be interested in the enormous amount of information in this forum.

That actually how I got the alert that registration was open! :)

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:12 am

Sarah93003 wrote:Awesome! It may be worthwhile to post on the Mosrite Facebook page. I don't know how many members there are, but I would think they would be interested in the enormous amount of information in this forum.

Yes, I should post about it at the other Facebook Pages where I didn't post. I did make a point of advertising the forum revival at the "Mosrite Guitar Fans" page in late August, but I did not post it at any of the other pages yet (of which are "Mosrite Guitars," "Mosrite Guitar Owners," "Ed Elliott's 'We Love Mosrite Guitars,'" "Mosrite Guitars (All models) Collectors, Fanciers and Restorers," and finally "Mosrite Guitar Amplifiers.")

Edit: It's done. There was also one more group I forgot to mention, though it only has 18 members, counting myself; "Mosrite Players/Owners."

- Austin

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:37 am

I pop in from time to time. I still have my Mosrite and still play it some.
Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:32 pm

Still here, still doing my thing. Been building and modding a lot of amps lately.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”