Revival of the Forum

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Revival of the Forum

Postby GattonFan » Sun May 15, 2022 7:14 pm

Let’s do it!
To all who may read this: Danny recently made an appeal for new members, but wouldn’t it be great for those of us who formerly supported this forum to have a revival of interest and renew our acquaintances. This was a place populated by people who not only loved Mosrites, but also a place of great civility toward its members. We had builders, band members, aficionados, restores, amp experts, and some great conversation. I’d love to see that kind of revival here.
So many guitars; So little time ..

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Revival of the Forum

Postby dubtrub » Sun May 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Sounds good to me.
Danny Ellison

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Mon May 16, 2022 6:27 am

I'm not much, but I'm still here. I never lost interest. :lol:

dave m

Postby dave m » Mon May 16, 2022 7:56 am

I love this forum. Got my 68 combo ten years ago and knew nothing about it. Thanks to you guys I can research any questions that I need answered. Recently I took it in for a refret and patiently waiting for its return. This forum is an huge source of information and I check it every day. Thanks for making this possible.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:14 pm

I'm in! A little update. I retired last year and moved to Central Florida. I still have my Mosrite Celebrity domain name but the site has to be rebuilt from scratch. The previous host just disappeared and all of the stuff I had went with it. Through the wayback machine I recovered the text. Godaddy did something to my email and they all disappeared. Dang it!

I've been helping my cousin wind down her law practice and at the same time creating a new business call US Women's Shooting Academy. Yeah, yeah I know that doesn't sound like I retired but it isn't work for me. I really enjoy teaching people how to shoot. https://uswomensshootingacademy.com/

Also, I don't discriminate and will teach men as well.

I'm between bands I guess. Actually, I haven't been in a band since 2014 when I injured my back but it's been mended and time to get back into the music scene.

This is a great forum with a ton of information that should be preserved. I will commit to popping in as often as I can to say howdy! We might want to reach out to everyone on the Mosrite Owners Facebook page and invite them to participate here.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue May 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Alrighty, then. I'm good with that, though I didn't really leave, either.

I haven't bought any new Mosrites (well, as whole guitars) since 2011. The most recent Mosrite-specific acquisitions were the 1974 "Not Blues Bender" Prototypes in late 2018, bought from Gonkulator. I haven't done anything with them yet.

I did buy a 2000 - 2003 Danelectro Danoblaster last year. It has a Mosrite body outline, but it's more of a 25" scale Stratocaster clone with 4 effects built-in. If I plug it into my small Gibson BR-9 amp from 1950 or so, and then I use the echo sound effect, it sounds nicely 1950s.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed May 18, 2022 3:04 pm

dave m wrote:I love this forum. Got my 68 combo ten years ago and knew nothing about it. Thanks to you guys I can research any questions that I need answered. Recently I took it in for a refret and patiently waiting for its return. This forum is an huge source of information and I check it every day. Thanks for making this possible.

What's its serial number and finish? I'm working on a serial number list for the Combo, and it's still pretty small.

Sarah93003 wrote:I'm in! A little update. I retired last year and moved to Central Florida. I still have my Mosrite Celebrity domain name but the site has to be rebuilt from scratch. The previous host just disappeared and all of the stuff I had went with it. Through the wayback machine I recovered the text. Godaddy did something to my email and they all disappeared. Dang it!

I've been helping my cousin wind down her law practice and at the same time creating a new business call US Women's Shooting Academy. Yeah, yeah I know that doesn't sound like I retired but it isn't work for me. I really enjoy teaching people how to shoot. https://uswomensshootingacademy.com/

Also, I don't discriminate and will teach men as well.

I'm between bands I guess. Actually, I haven't been in a band since 2014 when I injured my back but it's been mended and time to get back into the music scene.

This is a great forum with a ton of information that should be preserved. I will commit to popping in as often as I can to say howdy! We might want to reach out to everyone on the Mosrite Owners Facebook page and invite them to participate here.

Sarah, I'm not sure if I ever looked at the serial number lists you compiled for the Celebrity models. Could you please post them in the Vintage Instruments section?

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed May 18, 2022 10:11 pm

Good to hear from all of you. I checked in periodically, but I really enjoyed the tips and insights I gained on here, especially when I put that Partsrite together. Thanks for the response, and Sarah, you’re a long way from Cali now, eh?
So many guitars; So little time ..

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 am

Sarah, I'm not sure if I ever looked at the serial number lists you compiled for the Celebrity models. Could you please post them in the Vintage Instruments section?

- Austin

Oh boy! That will take a minute. I have over 500 serial numbers collected on Celebrities.
1982 Fender Bullet

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 am

GattonFan wrote:Good to hear from all of you. I checked in periodically, but I really enjoyed the tips and insights I gained on here, especially when I put that Partsrite together. Thanks for the response, and Sarah, you’re a long way from Cali now, eh?

About as far as I can get! I'm happy to be back in the South among my relatives and family roots.
1982 Fender Bullet

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”