Mosrite Fan & Burgeoning Collector Here, oh and I'm new

t-bone

Re: Mosrite Fan & Burgeoning Collector Here, oh and I'm new

Postby t-bone » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:15 am

sorry about the Combo, Ed. if it is the sound that is bugging you i must admit that i spend a lot of time on adjusting pickup height. you can really tune them in to your touch.

as for your red baddy. that is an A series combo. Sarah93003 has written a lot here about the Celebrity line and has done extensive research.in a nutshell, the A series was Mosrite’s first foray into high production hollow body electric guitars. after the run of A series (around 800) they were offered in 3 varieties, the I, II, and III. i own two A series Celebrities and they are so resonant and fun to play.
Mosrite Forever

Ed_Shed

Postby Ed_Shed » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:55 am

Thanks so much for this info, I really appreciate it. Austin, is this something I should photograph up and down (per the instructions) and submit for the registry? I don't see my A0698 on there and would be happy to do so if it was a still a going concern/effort.

I've been playing it constantly since I received it (a whopping 4 days ago) and it's just perfect. I agree with the other recent joinee that the Mos sound is such a unique vibe all its own.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Welcome Ed and congratulations on a nice collection of Mosrites! It appears you actually have a Celebrity I. The serial number on the neck and label match and indicates it is a CE-1. We can confirm that with the thickness of the bought as already mentioned. I am curious about the micro switches on the control plate and their function. That is not normal for that era Celebrity. Can you elaborate on their function? Also, if you are willing to take up the screws on the control plate, flip it over, and read the pot code that would also be helpful. It will be a seven digit number beginning with 134xxxx or 137xxxx
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:33 pm

hey, Ed. Enquiring minds want to know..what are the function of the mini-toggles? my guess is an on-off for each pickup and a polarity switch for hum cancelling when both are on. i watched and admired that guitar on reverb for a while and always wondered about the function. awesome that it found a great home
Mosrite Forever

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”