Glad to be Part of this Forum!!!!

JoeyB

Glad to be Part of this Forum!!!!

Postby JoeyB » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:14 pm

Hey everyone,

I am a new owner of a Mosrite. I am attaching my post from the Mosrite Facebook Group to say it better. I am also not sure how to include photos on this forum. If someone can explain to me how to do it, I will gladly post the photos on here instead. But I am happy to be here and have loved reading the posts on the forum. I have really learned a lot.

From my post:
Hi everyone! I recently found this Mosrite on facebook marketplace up here in Minnesota. The guitar belonged to Richard Rutherford, who was a professional guitarist/string instrumentalist. He was fortunate enough to play with Loretta Lynn in Branson, Missouri for a time, among others. His son, from whom I bought it from was waiting to find the right person to sell it to, and I am honored that he sold it to me. It is my first Mosley and I already fell in love with it. After some research, I believe it is a Celebrity I, though it is labeled, "Archtop." I would love to learn anything else there is to learn about this sweet sweet guitar. I am posting pics. Please let me know if there is anything else you may need to further ID the guitar. Thanks in advance! Joe

URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosrite ... 2995530979

Ed_Shed

Re: Glad to be Part of this Forum!!!!

Postby Ed_Shed » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:32 am

You just need to copy a host link, like your FB post pics, or you can upload pics to a place like Flickr.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:52 pm

Welcome Joey.

Your guitar is one of the "original" Celebrities with a serial number beginning with "A". When Semie and Andy Moseley first added the hollow body model to their lineup it was just called the Celebrity. These are identified by the lack of a control panel for the electronics, a mortise and tenon neck joint, the little angle bracket holding the pick guard on, among other things. The mortise and tenon joint is easy to identify by the two screws on the back. As for the label inside the bout, the employees would either write "Archtop" or "Celebrity".

The first 765 or so guitars begin with "A" for their seal number. The first 12 guitars, "A0001 through A0012" were set neck guitars. Approximately the next 750 were the mortise and tenon, two bolt, neck attachments.

Semie and Andy decided to split up the Celebrity line into three main types, Celebrity-I, Celebrity-II, Celebrity-III. The Celebrity-I is a thicker bout with deluxe appointments. The Celebrity-II is the thin line version of CE-I. The Celebrity-III is the thin line entry level guitar lacking the multi layer binding, and have smooth pick up covers as well as the Kluson "butter bean" tuners or the Japanese tuners.

In addition to the three Celebrity models, there is also the Gospel and Mobro's based on the Celebrity body.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:22 pm

Welcome to the forum !!

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, JoeyB. I'm not the most knowledgeable of the Celebrity models, though I've made some efforts to make serial number lists for them here. I'm sure that not everything in my lists is quite accurate, though.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Welcome JoeyB. i am a little late to the party. congrats on such a fine guitar. i like how the neck is sunburst. i have seen that on other red A series celebrities. how do you like it?
Mosrite Forever

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”