Hello from Kansas City, MO...

slikwili

Hello from Kansas City, MO...

Postby slikwili » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Bob Shade was kind e'nuff to send me a link to this forum to get acquainted. This being my 1st post makes me a newbie ...kinda sorta maybe, but having racked up 59 years on this planet, my body tells me otherwise. The VENTURES planted the seed, but Jimmy Page pushed me over the edge. I always thought that the VENTURES Mosrites were wicked kool, but stocking shelves at a Kroger's made that an impossible dream. I suppose that I've been playing for around 46 years now, but I still have a lot to learn. Recently, I tried to buy "talent" on-line at Musician's Friend, but was dismayed to find that it was on "backorder". Stop me before I ramble. Musician's Friend has this compact tuner called a KORG PitchJack. It's like about 20 bucks plus shipping; works on a button battery, plugs into the jack & tunes like all get out! Where was I?

Now I remember. Over a decade ago, I almost snagged a wellworn Mosrite from Big Dude's, locally, but it was missing so many parts & knowing my skill-set & luck at finding replacements, I walked. 1200 quatloos, too. A couple of Christmas' back, I bought a 1st run HALLMARK 60 CUSTOM in fire sparkle burst with the bone nut & fell in love. WOW, a setneck! I had to have a pearl white metallic to keep it company & it happens to match my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 perfectly. My wife, bless her heart, picked that one up for me. Dealing with HALLMARK has been a real pleasure & Bob is very accomodating. He installed locking tuners, Schaller straplocks & a prototype brass string guide. The pups are a little on the hotside. Man, that new sunburst natural looks mighty tempting. STOP me, someone! The pearl plays so sweet, that my other guitars are collecting dust. I get them out from time to time for nostalgia's sake, but the pearl gets most of the trigger time. BTW: I had to get a couple of El Dorado's GATOR straps. Highly recommended! ... a gorgeous addition to Hallmark's Gator hardcase.

I have a couple of amps; a BUDDA SDII 45 twin with Genalex KT66s & a tweaked Fender BJ for backup. Effects include a FUZZFACE, Thro-Bak sToneBENDER, Marshall Guv-nor, VS H20 & Jekyll & Hyde, ZOOM 510, MI AUDIO CrunchBox & BUDDA BudWah.

Guitars I currently have: Page Dragon Telecaster, Gibson R4GT Les Paul with P90s, Gibson Class V Les Paul, Fender '50s Classic Bigsby Telecaster, Fender Deluxe Plus Strat in Ash with Lace Sensors, Danelectro U2, BC RICH BICH, Parker Fly Mojo & the two Hallmark 60 Customs.

Inspiration has come from the VENTURES, EVH, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Billy Gibbons, SRV & countless others.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Re: Hello from Kansas City, MO...

Postby GattonFan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Welcome from St Lou - You'll find a great deal of reading to fill that "Mosrite" thirst here on this forum. Great bunch with encyclopaedic knowledge of Mosrites, and Mosrite-style guitars. Many of us own and love the Hallmark 60 Custom, and doing business with Bob Shade is always a pleasure. I'm holding out for the 59 Custom - really wanted one of those red-silver-blue models - but I can wait a while. This Forum is starting to boom! :D

Dennis

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Welcome from another 60 Custom owner.
Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:39 pm

slikwili you have excellent taste.
Here's one such owner of a Hallmark as mentioned by GattonFan. No "Mosrite" decal on it but what the heck...it has it's rite(!)ful place in the Moseley family anyways. I'm still very content with my Tricolour Sunburst and it's making my Fender 50's Classic Daphne Blue Strat even bluer with envy, not to say just plain jealous :D
Yeah, I had it come all the way from the US-of-A to the land of the dykes, wooden shoes and cheese. It made it to my doorstep in 6(!) days too, courtesy of Bob Shade and his fine team! Oh yeah, "Ventures models" being an absolute rarity in my country makes me proud as punch to have one!

Welcome too and I'm sure you'll enjoy this fine forum ;)

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Welcome Slikwili to the Forum....Wow, it seems that you and I have a few things in common........
We seem to both like the color of Pearl White, in guitars AND cars :mrgreen: .
All my Mo's have locking tuners and straplocks as well...............
P.S.....My P.W. VR-4 is a '93 and the P.W.Mosrite is a '65...again, WELCOME ;).
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Welcome, from yet another 60 Custom owner. Much knowledge to be learned here...and some great stories.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”